Bedtime 01

KEESHA’S MOONLIGHT WONDER
by GreeneverGardenn

•••

Run! Run, little girl! Run!

The child runs across the yard, her feet barely touching the ground as she moves through the grass. A child named Keesha didn't stop running, as she thought that the fully-shaped moon wouldn’t stop chasing her. Until a time came, she got tired. She found a place, a mini playground. The child spots a rock, and as she gently sits, she looks up at the sky to find the moon still shining brightly, casting its light over everything around her.

She uttered as she asked herself while looking at the moon, “Is there any problem? Is there something wrong with the moon? Why was the moon always following me?”

Few words but difficult to explain, for a child like her full of endless questions and excitement about discovering new things show just how curious she is.

“Keesha! Come here, baby.” Called the mother, while walking towards her child.

The mother quietly sat next to her 4-year-old daughter, their closeness filling the air with comfort and love. They both looked up at the moon, its beauty capturing their attention.

“Why was the moon always following me, mom?” The child’s curious eyes sparkled with wonder as she asked her mother.

The mother looked at her daughter and kissed her forehead. “You know, baby? I don’t know either. Let’s go home. It’s 7:00 P.M. and time for bed.”

The child eagerly investigates everything she sees, her eyes sparkling with interest. “No, mom. I want to know it first. . .”

“Listen to me,” her mother said gently as she lifted the little girl into her arms.

The child wanted to say ‘no’, but she remembered something. Her mother is right, it’s bedtime! Also, her mom might get mad if she refuses what her mother wants.
With Mira securely held, they made their way home. As her mother began to walk towards their house, the soft evening breeze brushed their hair.

“You are too young for that, baby. You’ll find out that soon. Just take a sleep, okay?”

The mother noticed her daughter wasn’t responding, so she checked and found her cute daughter asleep, which was a relief. When they got home, she saw her husband sitting comfortably on the sofa, relaxing with his back against the pillows and legs stretched out, while he was simply enjoying a moment of rest and watching his favorite show. Jeena glanced at him briefly, then went straight to put her daughter into her cozy pink bed.

The next night...

Same time, same place. Keesha came back again. Under the moonlight, the child runs joyfully around the playground, her puppy bonding with her. They chase each other in circles, their laughter filling the place as they playfully run together, forming an unbreakable bond of friendship and fun.

When...

Suddenly, she felt a small water drop on her skin but ignored it at first. A few minutes later, she realized that the surroundings had darkened. She looked around to check, but everything seemed the same, with lights shining in every house.

“Then, why was it so dark?” She questioned herself, as she’s still standing while carrying the puppy. She looked up at the sky, and then she noticed. That is why the surroundings were darkened because there was no moon. It is now covered by thick clouds, so its light cannot directly shine on the land. Tiny droplets fell into the ground, creating a soothing rhythm that fills the air with freshness. The moon right now cannot be seen. Keesha ran as fast as she could to reach their house so she wouldn’t get wet from the rain. When she gets inside the house, she puts the puppy on the floor. She ran, went straight to her room, and then opened the window. From her window, she could see the sky. There is no even a single star. Of course, because it’s raining outside.

That made everything clear.
Why does the moon always following her?

The moon always shines wherever we go, lighting up the night sky. Its role is to provide light, making the night beautiful. Without the moon and its light, which we think is chasing us, it would be difficult to see the beauty of the night. We rely on the moon as our guide when we walk in the darkness of night without any other source of light.

•••
Thanks for reading! -Greennyy

•••Thanks for reading! -Greennyy

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Short Bedtime Stories (Compilation)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें