Chapter 1: From the Beginning

It's travel day and I woke up at 8:30 to have an early start to my morning and finish packing. Today is the day I'm flying from North Carolina to Orlando for January Camp 2021. I can't wait to reunite with the girls and start my future!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got to the Orlando Airport and I hear a familiar voice calling my name from the distance, I look over my shoulder and I see Pinoe's bright pink hair running towards me. I ran over to her and gave her the biggest hug. Pinoe says, "Follow me, Vlatko and the girls are near the entrance and we have to be there in 5 minutes if we want to catch the bus." We sprint to the entrance and nearly run into 10 people but believe it or not we made it on time. I put my luggage into the bus and walked on almost killing myself tripping over the steps. I see Jane and realize that there's an empty seat next to her, so I sit in it and wait for the bus to start going. It's only a 15 minute drive to the hotel so Jane and I talk a little before we get there. Vlatko announces the room arrangements and because we have 24 players everyone has a roommate, I was paired with Lindsey Horan and I was so excited not only because she is a great soccer player, but because we had been texting a bit before camp. Me and Lindsey head up to our room and start unpacking our things. I go into the bathroom to set up my toiletries and fix my hair and Lindsey follows behind me. Every little move she makes is so perfect, there's just something about her that makes me gravitate towards her. She has beautiful eyes and the perfect body, what isn't there to like? I feel her hand brush against mine as she's putting her stuff away and I can't help but wonder if it was an accident or not. We make eye contact and my cheeks go red, oh no I think I have a crush.