𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

THREE MONTHS AGO

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

parties, possibly the bane of your entire existence. surrounded by alcohol and stupid young adults popping xannies, the glares of led lights rotting your eyes when paired with the unsettling images of students making out everywhere. damn all of your friends & your stupid boyfriend for forcing you to a place like this and getting you high, they knew you were a peaceful smoker, yet today was clearly 'take-the-piss-out-of-y/n-day', and they foolishly decided to bring you here. the sound of bass circulating through the arteries of the house only gave you no choice but to get as far away from the living headache as possible.

you mumbled and groaned to yourself, wrapping your fingers through the roots of your hair and massaging in an attempt to cool the headache tugging on your brain. the feeling of the cold ceramic edges of eren's bathtub against your elbows, as you leaned your near bare back into the side and exhaled. flickering lights seeping from beneath the crack of the bathroom door. arrays of neon colours pouring into your head, only messing with the sensation of the almost beautiful high you were sitting on. lumps in your throat, sweat on the walls, and the smell of windless rain outside.

what in tarnation were you doing? collapsed in the bathtub of your boyfriend's party, fully clothed with your legs intertwined against a girl you had only met half an hour ago. nothing about the scene laid out before you was normal: the ticking in the back of your head indicating from the drips of a loose tap, testing your patience and teaching you restraint. the blasting reverberations of music only a few metres away, your heartbeat syncing up with the mystery before you. the girl only smirked at your silhouette being on full show with the unpleasantly tight dress you were talked into wearing, whilst you fiddled with your fingers, looking anywhere but in her direction.
on the topic, she was beyond beautiful; she appeared as an enigma in such a small body, only causing your curiosity to progress. wearing nothing but a simple black party dress, her presence alone was enticing, words more and more captivating as each syllable rolled off her tongue. you shook your head, bemused as to why you were both even there. discussing your internal concerns with a bored stranger you found in the bathroom of a party? never would you have thought you would stoop to such a level.

"it's okay to like girls." she spoke teasingly, "i like girls, you saying there's something wrong with me too?" the almost sullen girl's voice echoed in your head. her sultry and unintentionally seductive voice, the voice that lingered in your brain almost every night since you first heard it. she shrugged ever so slightly and flapped her hand as she spoke, backing you into the corner of the bathtub in which you were seated. a short scowl grew on your face as you hesitantly shook your head.

"it's not that..."

"you're here with a guy, huh?" the peculiar girl reached into her bag on the side of the bathtub, revealing a grinder and some rolling papers. she lifted the paper to her lips, swiping her tongue agonisingly slowly across the paper whilst retaining a suggestive eye contact with you. "leave him." handing you the now rolled blunt and a lighter, she lingered her hands over yours for a moment longer than required.
"...leave him, and spend the rest of this day with me. the night's still young." a short gasp left your lungs as you opened your mouth to speak, leave your boyfriend? the boyfriend you had been stuck in a relationship with for nearly two years? the boyfriend you possessed absolutely no attraction or romantic feelings for? any other day would've been perfect to leave him, but at his own birthday party?
to be quite frank you weren't even too sure as to why we had been together so long. status? to satisfy your family? no... you would for sure break his heart. eren had liked you for years, since you were children. giving in and giving him a chance two years ago was possibly one of the worst mistakes you had ever made, selfish even. in what world was dating eren going to go well?

"i can't." you took a drag from the blunt in your hand, giving your best attempts at seeming as unbothered as possible. the girl before you merely laughed and held her gaze at your face, inspecting over every edge of your expression.

"so boring."

"i'm not boring?!" you frowned in defence, sparking up a little whilst the blunt watered your confidence.

"learn to live a little." she smirked, "...we can do whatever you want. all you'll have is one day with me, after that, i'll vanish." the girl stood herself up slowly, reaching a hand out for yours. you stared at the said hand for what felt like years, debating the outcomes of a night with a girl who seemingly wanted you.

sex? no. high? already ticked that box. what was the worst that could happen? grow an attachment to her and remain hung up for months? bullshit, that could never happen to you, it's not like you're some virgin.

"say the word and i'm yours for the night." she raised an eyebrow in your direction and shot you a suggesting glance. pushing you closer and closer to accepting.

with a face like hers, you simply couldn't say no.

more than hesitantly, you pulled another smoke from the blunt and latched onto her hand, softer than silk. legging it towards the back door, kicking on your shoes, leaping over fences and sneaking out of the party. only a couple minutes had passed, and you already felt like you were living. hands all over hers, as you both gazed up at the night sky. silhouettes of clouds looming overhead, except your eyes weren't on the stars, your eyes were on hers.

 silhouettes of clouds looming overhead, except your eyes weren't on the stars, your eyes were on hers

a rare pale azure, reflecting each and every star perched in the sky above.

"one day." she whispered, wrapping her hands around your left arm and pulling you in closer towards her, leaning her chin on your shoulder whilst you both remained atop a hill. the sign you stood behind reading 'DOOWYLLOH' from your angle, as you leaned against a couple letters, gawking at the moonlit city beneath. from every tree to every penthouse suite, the beating heart of the city grew louder and louder. edging you, pushing you to let go of your tedious school life, just one cheat day with the mystery girl. one short-lived, euphoric and exhilarating day with her. slow dancing your lives away in the rain, running the long route through the hills, hands in the air with music blasting. one day was all you had with her.

but all you need is one more day with her.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃