Chapter ~ 8

You can skip to the novel of you want without reading this long ass rant... 😅

Hi guys,
Before starting today's chapter I want to tell you guys something. I didn't wanna tell this to you at the very beginning because I wanted to bring this through the novel. But as the behaviour of some characters {Anuthi} may seem unreasonable sometimes I felt like "You know what! Ima gonna stick it in here.

So here you go, something that I personally went through in my A/L year was anxiety and panic attacks. And they were terrible. I remember not being able to open or even look at my econ books cuz I knew I was a failure and something in my head told me that I'm not going to make it no matter how hard I would try. And back then I literally had  INVENTED reasons not to study Econ!.

And studying something else {in my case English Literature} sounded like an amazing idea because I knew it was worth it.

I would be reading page-long monologues and long paragraphs from Othello and Tess of the Durbeville {Thoma Hardy} and be like "Oh cool man I love this" and would still remember it. But I had such a hard time recalling a two-line explanation or an interpretation from Econ. And I have literally cried just by looking at my Econ notes and seeing how many I had to study.

And that was simply because I hated it so much and I felt that I'm not qualified enough to do it. And I felt so guilty because I had so many chances to change it and I waited until all of them were gone. Like I could have changed it during grade 12. { in grade 13 you were not allowed to change your Advanced Level subjects}

And I know this is so dumb and stupid of me but the stigma around being an art student here in Sri Lanka { that you do it only because you are not qualified to do bio or maths and you should never ever do it by choice! Like you know what those relatives say once they got to know that you are doing Art right?} 🙄😒😑😐🙁 also hit me hard at the latter part of my exams.

And all of these things were so crippling that I just couldn't cope with all of them.
So yeah and as an outcome of it I began to overthink and felt terrible about everything because I felt like a failure. 😟🙁☹️. It made me so short-tempered and really anxious about literally everything.

                Chapter ~ 8

"Hm..."
Anuthi sighed. As she rolled on her bed to the left.

"Six months more! " She thought in her head.  "Six more months I have to endure this pain!.". She rolled to the other side as well.

She was laying in her bed late at night waiting for her Geography teacher to add her to the zoom class.

It was nearing nine-thirty and the class was two hours. Crickets were also crying along with her and her eyelids were struggling to stay open.

Classes from early morning to midnight and loads of homework to do because now they were at home, and not being able to complete all of them just because there were so many, gave Anuthi an everlasting headache.

Six months more she had to go through this trouble!

Six months more she had to study like this.

And her teachers only had six months to complete the syllabus and there would be no time left to do any revision.

The exam would be easy right?
Like there was a pandemic going on!

And if the schools in Colombo were struggling like this what about the students outside the city?

                                           Anuthi leaned the phone against a stack of books as she wrote down the page long rant that her teacher was giving that he called "the lesson for today".
She had a highlighter along with her and she highlighted the things that she thought were important and the ones that her teacher predicted would be on her A/L paper.