2 │ THE GLASS WAS SLOWING ME DOWN

EPISODE 1: TWENTY-THREE SKIDOOCHAPTER 2. THE GLASS WAS SLOWING ME DOWN

 THE GLASS WAS SLOWING ME DOWN

"COME ONE, TEDDY." I say, as I was walking him in the backyard.

Arms wrap around my waist, and pull me closer to him.

"Hey." He whispers, kissing my cheek.

"Hi." I reply, turning around in his arms, and greeting him with a kiss.

"There you are, love birds." We hear Fallon's voice, as she walks towards us, with Uncle Max.

"Veronica, good to see you again." He tells me, and I shake his hand.

"It's nice to see you, too." I reply, smiling politely.

"You two can't be away form each other for long." He tells me. "Now, that's young love." He turns to Fallon. "Does my Liam often keep you waiting?"

"Oh! I'm sure he'll be here any minute." Fallon tells him, as we all start to walk.

"And your father, is he here?" He asks.

"Uh, he's still a little jet-lagged after his sabbatical." Fallon asks.

"But you'll get to meet him at the party, though." I tell him, while Max takes Teddy's leash form me. "Best to let his charms sink in over cocktails."

"Hey." Culhane stops in front of us.

"Hey." Fallon replies, awkwardly. "This is Liam's Uncle Max."

"Culhane is an old friend who's just staying with us for a while." I lie.

"Michael Culhane." Michael introduces, as they shake hands.

"A friend of theirs's is family to me." Uncle Max replies.

"Uncle Max." We hear Liam's voice, as he approaches us.

"Liam." Uncle Max replies.

"Culhane." Liam says, turning to Culhane, and shaking his hand. He turns to Fallon. "Hi." They both hug.

"You kidding me? Is that it?" Uncle Max asks, in disbelief. "I mean, I've seen you hug your Aunt Mora with more affection. Come on. You're newlyweds."

I turn to Max, to see him hiding his laugh, as I look down to hide my smile, as Liam and Fallon lean towards each other, and he kisses her cheek.

"Oh, great. Now you kiss her like she's your mother." Uncle Max tells him. "Can you give her a real kiss, please? Come on."

Fallon awkwardly looks at Culhane, and then turns to Liam, and they share a short, awkward kiss.