9 | SEND A CHECK

EPISODE 5: QUEEN OF CUPS
CHAPTER 9. SEND A CHECK

 SEND A CHECK

"I MEAN, I CAN tell you for a fact, jail is no fun." I tell Fallon.

"Stop being dramatic." Max tells me, rolling his eyes. "We just played monopoly."

"Hey, don't try to undermine my traumatic experience." I snap at him, playfully.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Max replies, sarcastically. "You want me to drive you to a meeting?"

"Okay, will you both stop, Culhane is not here, stop making me feel lonely." Fallon cuts us off.

"Yeah, so what did you wanted my help with?" I ask her.

"I need your club." Fallon tells me. "Liam and I are having a divorce party."

"Uh, I'm sorry, you're having a what?" I ask her, as Max laughs.

"A divorce party, keep up." Fallon waves me off.

"Yeah, Ronnie, keep up." Max teases.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "Tell me whenever you need the club." I tell Fallon, who nods. "And send a check."

Fallon gasps, dramatically.

"You're gonna charge me?" Fallon asks, putting a hand on her chest.

"Stop annoying me or you're gonna lose the family discount." I tell her, smirking.

"I heard something about a family discount." Alexis' voice comes, as we see here stand at the entrance of the hall.

"Be gone, demon." I wave her off. "It's for family."

"I'm your mother." She gasps out.

"And a cheating skank." I reply. "So, shoo before I call the Tax Department on you."

Fallon stands up.

"Well, as fun as this is, I'm gonna go and decide the menu for my divorce party." She tells us, and then turns to  me. "I'm gonna swing by the club tomorrow and we can discuss the arrangement." My eyes twitches, as she smirks, knowing she was gonna make my day worse that it already would be. "In detail."

I groan, as I fall back into Max's chest.

"Ah, fuck me." I let out.

"Only if you say please." Max tells me.

"THESE PAST FEW MONTHS have been chaotic at best, but me hosting these dinners is my way to try to reestablish normalcy." Fallon announces as we all sat in the seating area. "I would never have done any of this if it weren't for Steven. I certainly wouldn't have invited Mother, who graced us by not showing up. So, cheers to family."