3 │ I'M PRETTY SURE HELL WENT CASHLESS

EPISODE 2: SHIP OF VIPERS
CHAPTER 3. I'M PRETTY SURE HELL WENT CASHLESS

 I'M PRETTY SURE HELL WENT CASHLESS

"I THOUGHT WE WERE going to a meeting." I ask, as we get out of the car, and meet Liam and Max, who, by the way, was still upset with me.

"We are." Liam tells us.

"In New York." Max says, looking at me.

"Uncle Max is flying us to see the rest of my family." Liam says. "They can't wait to meet my wife and Max's girlfriend."

"Does your uncle always travel with his own battalion?" Fallon asks, pointing towards the bodyguards.

"Let's just say he has his enemies." Liam replies.

I WAS SITTING ACROSS Fallon, who was on her phone. Liam and Max were sitting across the aisle as the attendant hands me my drink.

"Thanks." I tell her softly, taking a sip.

My eyes move towards Max, who was sitting diagonal, so he was clearly in my view. I twirl the drink in my hand, watching him, as he was looking out of the window. He suddenly turns, and our eyes meet, and I quickly turn away, taking another sip, feeling awkward.

I run my hand over my neck, and after a moment, get up and walk towards the door, going through it walking into the bar sort of thing.

I hear the door opening again, and I turn my head to see Max walking in. He walks, and stands across from me, and we both each other awkward smiles.

It's silent for a moment, and then we both start to talk at the same time.

"I'm sorry-" I tell him.

"Listen, I'm sorry-" He says, and we both cut each other off.

My lips curl inwards, as his hand goes behind his neck.

"I'm sorry, I should've told you what was happening." I tell him, softly.

"No, Ronnie, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have lashed out on you like that." He replies.

"No, you were right, Max." I say. "You deserved to know."

He steps forwards, and his hand goes up to my neck, as his fingers stroke my skin.

"You were just trying to give Fallon some time, it's okay. Liam made me realize how after spending time with the family made me frustrated." He tells me. "And I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, and I promise, I'll never do that again." I tell him.

"I know." He replies, smiling, as he holds my waist, as he pulls my closer.