Chapter 1: Kyle

~Kyle above~

March 17, 1756

A friend of mine told me I should keep a journal since I needed something to do while stuck in Hell. It didn't seem half bad for a while, that is until I remembered I needed a blank book. Not the easiest to come by in the overworld, but I'm sure I'll find something in an empty dungeon down here. Right now I'm writing on a half burnt piece of paper that was more than likely once used to start a fireplace.

I'm sure I'll go batshit crazy down here before I could even finish a journal, but it doesn't hurt to try. I've seen hundreds of humans find random paper and a quill, scrawling across paper like madmen, their scripture absolutely breathtaking. It can't be that hard can it? I'm a demon after all and my parents were famous for their (while hard to understand and overall insane) poetry that taught us all. There was one thing I never understood however. Why is it that overworld mortals die so quickly? It's a shame seeing them work their whole lives to chase a dream that may or may not happen. Wishing upon stars and praying to entities they don't even know exist. It's all pure insanity.... But I could understand why they would do it. Recently, I've noticed that they all try to find the love of their lives and while it's a rare occurrence, I do believe its possible.

Why am I listening to my mental asylum of a friend and writing all of this down? I will never know, but it doesn't hurt to tell someone. Even if it's just a blank page and nearly empty book, it still feels like something.

There are some things that I would like to tell you though. Hell is not how you think. Yes everything is on fire and while that is a nuisance and overall a giant pain in the ass, the conflicts that these children are taught about.... Aren't anything like what actually happens. There is little to no violence here and I've heard much worse about the state of Heaven at the moment. The king isn't half bad and while he can kill me at any moment he sees fit, the man isn't so terrifying.

Damn. I've only been in Hell a few years and I already can't wait to return to the flipside. I plan on building a book store in a hundred years or so when they let me free. It'll be fun. Watching pure humans do anything is quite a delight. I remember a few years back I saw a group of children play in a dirt field. Why they were doing it I will never know. It had been a few hundred years or so since I was born. I had never experienced the same things, especially with my parents deaths only months after I was born. It's a wonder how people retell their story so wrong and distorted. These stories say they died together and while that was true, they were not as young as said in the tales and had a child before their demise.

Well look at me I'm rambling now about unimportant topics on a scorched paper. I'm slowly running out of room. Maybe I should try looking for a journal now. It's possible I'll have to look through realms to find one, but soon I'll continue and when I do I'll be back.