Chapter 13: I'm a bit old school

Third Person's POV:

"How was school, little tiger?" 

"It was the usual, grandpa" answered the girl as she sliced a piece of her steak. 

"How's the Honda Foundation?" the grandfather asked as he twirled his glass of wine and eyed his granddaughter as she tensed up when he mentioned it, "don't tell me you're actually falling for her, Kim Chaewon?" 

"No," Chaewon said as she placed her cutlery down and stared right back at her grandfather, "she's merely a pawn for our expansion in Japan."

"Then why do you look so bitter?" Chaewon's grandfather raised his eyebrow, paying attention to every detail and move that Chaewon made, "you better not lie to me, little tiger."

Kim Chaewon's POV:

His tone was calm, but terrifying that I wish that I wasn't so like him before. I messed up so bad, mom...

"I'm not lying, grandpa" I glared back at him, not backing down and he smiled at me and leaned back on his chair.

"What are you gonna do with the girl once we have her company?" I really hated how my grandfather smirked at me.

"Ditch her," he grinned and leaned forward now, "like you said we don't need weaklings in our family."

"Great! Let's continue eating," we continued to eat in silence again and I could taste something metallic. I touched my lip and it was bleeding?! I guess I bit my lip too hard because I was angry at him and myself.

After we ate I ran to my bedroom, buried my head on my pillow and screamed. I was so done with everything that I've done when I was young and stupid. My mother was right... I was exactly like my grandfather, merciless. I, however, met Hitomi and many great people now. They've changed me, but all my grandfather sees in me is his stupid legacy of power. I wish you were still here mom... I need help.

FLASHBACK

It was my mother's death anniversary today so I paid my respects and walked around Seoul to clear my head because I was about to pay more attention to my after school studies, now that Hyewon and I broke up. My after school studies were all about the business field and social networking. I had to study my academics by myself after the sessions too and I've already got a lot on my plate because grandfather wanted me to run against Eunbi this time for student council president. I sighed and I heard someone sobbing loudly by the playground. I wasn't going to help her until I saw who she was.

 Anyone who kept updated with the news would know her. She's the daughter of Honda Ryu, CEO of Honda Motors and was recently imprisoned for financial fraud, his family moved out of Japan but I didn't know that they'd be in Korea. I approached her and saw that she was wearing a bright pink cheerleading outfit. 

"Here," I said as I placed the strawberry milk beside her cheek, the one I got when I saw the vending machine nearby. 

She looked up at me and smiled as she accepted it- her sobbing were getting softer and softer, so I took a seat beside her on the merry-go-round. I just stayed quiet beside her because sometimes we all just need comfortable silence.

"Thank you," she whispered and I gave her a handkerchief, "I'm sorry if I bothered you, but I'm alright now," she smiled but I could see the pain in her eyes.

"You're not bothering me," I said as I leaned back and stared up at the sky, "to be honest, it seems as though I bothered you."

"No," she shook her head and smiled, "I'm thankful you stayed."