CHAPTER 4 THE RATTAN SHADOW

It was holi the next day. Everyone was preparing for holi as it was RC's holi. It was quite late at night and bon and mano were in the kitchen preparing gujiyas.
Mano was frying the gujiyas when she unknowingly touched the hot oil . She screamed in pain. Ani who was passing from there ran into the kitchen ran there and started blowing on her wound.
Bon: Aap thik hain di ?
Mano: Haan main thik hun.
Ani: Kisne kaha tumhe khana banane ke liye ?
Mano: Aniruddh kisi ne nahin aur Bondita bhi toh  kaam kar rahi hai na.
Ani: Usme aur tumme bohut fark hai....
Saying this he drags her to his study for applying ointment.

Bon's POV,
What did he mean by we were different oh yeah she is his patni and I am his zimmedari she is his love and I am his bojh . Bondita why is it even bothering you ? Don't you know about that already.

It was midnight when Aniruddh came to dining for drinking water when he saw kitchen lights on.
Ani: Itni raat ko kitchen mein kon ho sakta hein ?
He saw bondita working in the kitchen. As he took manorama she was working alone . He felt bad for her . She was sweating.
Ani bought a hand fan and started fanning her . She got shocked.
Bon: Pati babu !
Ani heart skip a beat as he heard pati babu after a long time.
Bon: Mera matlab barrister Babu aap itni raat ko yahan ?
Ani: Tum bhi to yahin ho ?
Bon: Haan main bas jaane hin wali thi.
Saying this she starts to leave but due to some water on the floor she slips and falls on the ground.
Ani: Bondita tum thik ho ? Kahin kahin lagi toh nahin .
He started panicking the concern in his eyes was way more than the concern he had when seeing mano wound. Bon was confused what was this person upto ?
Bon: Haan main thik hun aur ab aapko so jana chahiye .
They both then goes to sleep sinking in their own thoughts.

Next day it was holi all the RC's first did puja and then they started applying colours to each other. They enjoyed and danced but as every year when Ani tried to colour bon she avoided him .

Ani: Happy holi bondita
Bon: Happy holi barrister Babu.
Ani: Toh ....
Bon: Toh ?
Ani: Mujhe rang nahin lagana tum toh kehti thi ki har sal sabse pehle tum mujhe rang lagaogi.
Bon: Par aapne kaha tha ki aap pehle rang lagaenge.
Ani's heart skipped a beat .
He took some Gulaal in his hands and started taking Baby steps towards bondita. Bondita who was not knowing how to react was moving backwards. When suddenly mano comes and colour bondita.
Mano: Holi ki dher saari shubh kamnaye bondita.
Bon looked at Ani as he looked quite disappointed that he could not colour her.
She laughed . Ani frowned but his frown turned into a smile when he saw bondita smiling . He was lost in her. But when their eyes met bon stopped smiling .
Mano: Kya hua bondita ?
Bon: Kuch nahin dii aapko bhi holi ki dher saari shubkamnayein.
Bon left. Ani wanted to stop her but couldn't. He was feeling bad .

After all the holi celebrations everyone were in the hall when suddenly the RC brothers ( Ani som and batuk ) starts vomiting blood. Everyone gets tensed.
Kaka: Ani som batuk kya hua tumhe ?
Bon: Barrister babu kya hua ? Som dada ? Batuk ?
Bin: Bihari doctor ko bulao jaldi .
Their faces turned green. They fell on the ground and screamed . They felt a pain and burn on their wrists.

Everyone except sampoorna were shocked while she had an evil smirk.
Kaka: Ye kya ho raha hein ?
Bin: Ye doctor kyun nahin aaya abhi tak.
Bon: Doctor kuch kar bhi nahi sakte isme.
Sampoorna got quite shocked hearing bondita's statement.
Mano: Kyun nahin bondita ?
Bon: Bhari kaka aap pehle paani leke aaiye.
Bihari: Ji bahurani ji.
Bon: Aur inn sab ko kamre mein le jaaye.

They took all three of them to the room. They were exhausted. Bondita made them drink water.
Bon: Ye jo bhi kisine kiya hein woh ghar ka hin hein.Kya pichle dinon mein kisine kuch ajeeb chhezein dekhi hein.
Bihari: Bahurani ji woh hne badi malkin ko kisise baat karte hue dekha tha.
Sam: Ye... Ye kya keh rahe he tu ?
Bon goes and holds sampoorna wrist . She checked her nails and it has soil particles she also checked her foot it has mud print on her.
Bon: Ye sab aapne kiya hein na ?
Sam: Kya keh rahi hein tu ?
Kaka: Haan bahu ye kya ho raha hein hume to kuch samajh nahi aa raha hein.
Bon: Kaka sasurji barrister Babu som dada aur batuk pe rattan ka kaala saya pada hein.
Kaka: Kaala saaya ?

Hey everyone hope you all like this chapter
What kaala saaya is bondita talking about and how does she know about it ?

I know I updated after a long time but you all know the reason.
So Pls 🙏 vote for it if you like this chapter