𝟓 ─ 𝐃𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐎𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬

v

v. doctor's orders

It was a quiet ride to school. Jasper could sense the discomfort and Emmett could tell that something was upsetting Cora, though he didn't ask, he didn't want to seem overbearing. Rosalie was oblivious, having her moments of gazing into her handheld mirror.

"You've got to stop thinking such awful things about yourself," Cora shook her head disapprovingly as she found herself hearing Edward's thoughts. "None of us would be any better without you. Especially me."

Edward rolled his eyes, "You've got to learn to stay out of my head."

"Then teach me," she said, turning to face him. Cora and Edward had stood beside the car while the others went straight to class. "Just stay and teach me."

Isabella Swan had quickly become a person that Cora didn't like. The reason was selfish and unfair to Bella. She didn't know what the smell of her blood was doing to Edward. She didn't know that it was because of her that Cora might lose Edward.

"You wouldn't lose me forever," Edward spoke softly, looking down at Cora. "If I left now, you wouldn't lose me forever. I'd come back eventually."

"That doesn't make me feel any better," sighed Cora, but Edward already knew that.

She leaned up off the shiny, brand new vehicle that they allowed Jasper to drive to school this morning. She adjusted the strap on her school bag, fitting onto her shoulder.

"I should get to class," said Cora. "Anwen will be wondering where I am."

Edward laughed, "That Kimber girl still asking a million questions?"

"I don't mind," Cora shrugged. "At least I have a friend, right?"

Edward nodding, laughing still. Cora, smiling turned around and began her way to the school entrance. But just as she stepped away from Edward she was ripped from her current reality and thrown into one in the near future. Alice must be close, she had to be, for Cora to be seeing her vision.

She was still at school. Nothing had really changed, but the sound of stealing tires filled her ears and caused quite the commotion amongst the students still standing in the parking lot. Tyler Crowley's had soon appeared from around a corner, coming full speed at the students and other parked cars. He attempted to slam his breaks but it was no use, the ice below had taken control of the large vehicle.