Till Death Do Us Apart...

A/N: Not the greatest piece but a short drabble on a what-if with Serkan's tumor. I just wanted to write a sad piece for absolutely no apparent reason lol

Trigger Warning: This one-shot talks about cancer.

Third Person POV

It was a warm Sunday evening. The sun showed brightly through her window. Eda sat on the edge of her bed with an album full of pictures with some of the best memories of her life. In today's time of pictures were being taken on smartphones and other fancy devices. She could afford 1000s of them from the wealth she and Serkan have accumulated. But Eda loved to make scrapbooks or albums of pictures of her family and reminisce and re-live those moments again. She loved looking at the album of pictures and when she touched them, she felt like she could feel them. She loved the tangible feeling of the memories that made it seem like they were everlasting to her.

One of the first pictures of the album was one of her favorite memories was when Serkan played guitar for the first time. It was the first time that she saw robot Bolat soften up towards her. He always pushed her or acted cold but then that was one of the times he started opening up to her and Eda had to take a picture of him playing the guitar for her. The whole evening there was something so intimate between them. However, she remembered how the next morning Serkan pushed her away too. How confusing was this man before she thought? Not like he was any better as he aged either.

Flipping a couple more pages, she saw a picture of her enjoying a cup of coffee at their favorite restaurant. Oh, how she loved those sand-brewed coffees. It soothed her soul. Serkan loved to take pictures of when she was eating or drinking anything because he always complained about how he didn't have many pictures of her. The coffee shop was one of the first places that Serkan and Eda went to as a date. She distinctively remembers Serkan saying "if you burn your lips, I won't be able to kiss."  Who thought robot Bolat could be so romantic Bolat, she smiled. It was the first time, Eda witness Serkan saying cliched dialogues and she couldn't help but smile about how new, naive their love was at that time.

Then there was a picture of the letter from the Star Registry. Serkan bought me a star. Unbelievable this man was. Nobody has done anything remotely close to what Serkan did for her. At that moment, she knew robot Bolat was something different. He had so much love to give, nobody would have thought.

To Eda, Serkan was someone who grew up with a lot of fears and abandonment abandonment issues. These insecurities are what shaped him to be the angry, cold person he was before she met him. But the more she understood him, spent time with him, she loved him more than words could describe. She fell in love with the goodness in him. She fell for his kindness. She fell for his heart. Ah, the struggles, the fights, the battles, the moments missed because they both were too stubborn to confess their feelings to each other. It took a lot for them to even be together. They were like star-crossed lovers. But Eda wouldn't have it any other way. Their past only made them stronger, made them vulnerable only to each other. Their love was consuming but it wasn't toxic. They breathed with each other, for each other, and lived for each other. She recalled how Serkan used to say "we are bounded by invisible handcuffs. No one can part us."

Flipping a few more pages into the album, Eda came across pictures of their marriage. She still remembers their wedding like yesterday. She still remembers how the day of the marriage, evoked unresolved memories from Serkan's plane crash. She feared he was going to leave again and not come back. She didn't let him out of her sight. And she was very well aware Serkan enjoyed the attention but only she knew her fears and her monsters. Their lives have been a roller coaster after he returned to Art Life with amnesia. But when he finally remembered her, the memories they created were unmatched. It was not only memories that they made but, they created a life together. Lives in fact. Mavi and Theo. They were both the opposite of each other but they wouldn't have it any other way. Mavi looked like Eda but had Serkan's stubborn personality but on the other hand, Theo had his daddy's looks but was a sweet, strong boy like his mother. Their lives changed so much after the birth of the children. She still remembers Serkan vowing to have no more children after him seeing her in such excruciating pain during labor. And he joked about how he'd never want to see the sight of placenta again. But somehow, their lives felt complete. Sirius was always their firstborn. He was their son. Sadly, he aged faster than either of them imagined. There came a time when we had to put him to sleep. Eda and Serkan have never felt such a big emptiness in their lives. Even during their fights, Sirius indirectly brought her and Serkan together. Eda had it worse and had such a hard time recovering from the loss but for Mavi's and Theo's 7th birthday, they decided to get the new dogs to complete their family again. Even though they could never replace Sirius, these three dogs were precious on their own; Hector, Azul, and Nebula.