Not A Secret Anymore

"César is dead to me!"

"Told ya."

"He doesn't get to break up with us, we're breaking up with him!"

"'Sit on my face"? Who says that?" Monse asked as she stopped walking.

"Chairs who can talk!" Jamal yelled.

"And buttholes." I said taking my bun down letting my long wavy hair down.

"Wouldn't push dumb ass shit like past Oscar's ass, but Cesar? He has no business being that damn disrespectful." I said angrily as tumbled across the grass.

"What happened to him?"

"His brother happen to him, we all know since Oscar's been back, Cesar's been different." I said and Monse agreed.

"Could be!"

"That was totally out of character." Monse said and we turned to see Jamal crawling on the grass.

"What are you doing?" We asked.

"I'm getting into character." He said coming up to us then sprayed his self with water.

"Oh, so, you're a actor now?" I asked and he gave me a look.

"Hey Pops! Say nothing and go with my follow." Jamal whispered to us and I shook my head at him.

"Monse! Y/n! Welcome back, you two." He said and gave us hugs.

"Are you ready for the new year?"

"Bound to be a lot of surprises."

"What about you, N/n."

"I don't really go school, more like a music school, but I get my studies, 'cause Ma don't want dummy." I said and he nodded then turned to Jamal.

"How was practice?"

"Yeah, how was practice?" Me and Monse asked Jamal glared at us handing Monse his bag.

"I don't know. Ask those D1 scouts who were all up on me." Jamal lied.

"Sure..." I coughed out and Monse snickered

Mr. Turner bro hugged Jamal and patted his back and looked in pain Jamal. Mr. Turner walked away and I bust out laughing making Jamal shush me.

"Did you quit the team and not tell your dad?" Monse asked and I finally stopped laughing.

"No." Monse gave him a look.

"Yes. Look, I suited up first day, and I just wasn't feeling it." Jamal explained.

"Wasn't feeling it?" Monse asked tossing his bag at him.

"Yeah, I wasn't feeling like breaking my neck." He threw the bag to the ground.

"Look, everybody who knows me knows I suck, except my pops. Even Y/n knows." He pointed to me and I shrugged.

"At a lot of things."

"See, and he keeps thinking that I'm just gonna wake up one day and ve him, and... I'm not him."

"Then tell him, you're not him and you won't be him, but you'll be you, you'll be Jamal Turner." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I know, I just need to find the right time to tell him."

"How ironic that a guy who can't keep a secret is keeping tge biggest secret of his life." Monse said and Jamal sighed nodded. Monse made a evil smirked and Jamal eyes widen.

"What?"

"I'm gonna rat you out to your dad... unless you drop the 411 about Cesar. What did he say?" Jamal eyes widen even more making a O shape with his mouth.

"She got you on that one." I said shaking my head.

"No."

"Yes! Mr. Turn-." Jamal covered her mouth.

"Cesar said you let him hit it before you left for camp." Jamal said then covered his own mouth at the look on Monse's face.

"It's not a secret anymore..."

~Later(Y/n)~

(And a sports bra)

(And a sports bra)

I was in my room writing some lyrics to my new song when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in?" I said not looking from my notes.

"Hey, Monse's going through shit with César. You think you can talk to her or him and help some??" Ruby asked as I looked at him.

"What's the problem?"

"Thought you knew?" He said sitting on my bed.

"Oh, the whole César smashing shit?" I said and he nodded.

"What do you want me to do, it's none of my business. I was just there when Jamal said it." I said and he groaned.

"Can you just do your girl thing or give them some kind of lecture?" He asked holding his chin.

"I'll What I can do. Now, get out I'm tryna get my money maker together." I said pushing him out then locking the door.

I sat back down and continued to write then my phone started ringing from and unknown number

I sat back down and continued to write then my phone started ringing from and unknown number. I answered which was dumb decision.

"What's up, bebita."

I knew exactly who it was from the raspy voice.

"How the hell did you get my number, Oscar?"

"I have my ways."

"Well, you can lose it."

I was about to hang up.

"Don't hang up. I gotta talk to you."

"About?"

"What happened earlier. What you did to César was real messed up."

"First of all, don't call my damn phone talking that bullshit, before I come to your house and beat up ass! Second of all, he should've never said what he said about Monse and me, you're teaching him the wrong things." I ranted slamming my book close.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what the hell I said! Need me to say it slow for you?! You're. Teaching. Him. The. Wrong. Things! He's a kid, Oscar, he shouldn't be saying those kind of things to anyone." I said running my fingers through my head.

"Well, why don't you raise?"

"Gladly!" I hung up and exhaled putting my face in hands.

"One day I'm gonna snap on this guy."