Memories

I laid in Oscar's bed just thinking about what happen between us years ago.

Me and Oscar were close when I was younger even with five year age difference he was like my big brother. But all that went down hill when I found out he joined the gang.

(Flashback)

I was 15 and my quinceanera was coming up. Ma and Pops wanted me to invite my friends. I was gonna invite Oscar but guess ot was a messed up decision.

I walked up to Oscar's house to see a bunch of men in front drinking and smoking Oscar doing the same. I walked up to him getting stares and whistled at.

"Hey, can talk inside?" I said and he looked me up and down then grabbed my hand taking me in. We sat on his couch.

"What's up?"

"Who are all those guys out there?"

"My homies, now, what do you wanna talk bout?" He said in a stern tone which confused. He never used that tone with me.

"So, my quince coming up and I was wondering if you wanted to come?" I asked in a excited tone knowing he's gonna say yes but boy was I wrong.

"I'll think about it." He said coldly and I frowned.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Got things to do." He said getting up walking away and I followed grabbing his wrist. He turned to me with a look on his face I've never seen.

"Did I do something?"

"Yeah, you did, you grew up!" I looked shocked and confused.

"What?"

"Get out."

"Oscar..."

"I said get out! Go!"

"Fine, then, I'm leaving." I said then stormed off.

My quince wasn't how I wanted it go. I except my so called best friend to be there. He didn't drop a gift off. Weeks went by and It was like I didn't exist to him then the rumors started.

Going to school walking the halls getting stares.

"That thot got claimed by Spooky. She's not even that pretty."

"Ayo, be careful with her that's Spooky's girl."

Spooky's girl?

Who the hell is Spooky and how am I his girl?

That day I found out from a friend Spooky was Oscar's gang name and he had claimed me. I was pissed this asshole told everyone he slept with me! He ruined my rep, made me look like a whore, embarrassed me.

Later that day I went to Oscar place to confront him of his wrong doings.

I walked up to him hitting his chest hard.

"Can't believe you! You go and tell everyone I slept with you."

"Y/n, calmed down." He grabbed my hand I tried to pull away but he dragged me inside.

"I hate you, Oscar! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!!!" I continued beating on his chest till I just broke down in his arms. He wrapped his arms me but I pushed him away.

"Don't touch me! I can't believe you! You're supposed to be my friend. You lied and kept secrets from me."

"What secret did I keep from you?"

"That you're in a gang, Oscar!" He face softened.

"Yeah, I know. I've been going to school hearing everyone talk about how I'm Spooky's girl, how Spooky claimed me. I didn't even know who "Spooky" till today! It's you...It's you... y-you're Spooky."

"Y/n, let me explain."

"There's nothing explain! After everything we had, I thought I found some i could trust and look up too. But, I don't wanna look up too a gang member! I never wanna see ypu again, Oscar!"

"Y/n, I had my reason..."

"Oh, Yeah? I know..." I said and pushed past him leaving him there.

That day I swear I cried a whole river losing someone so close to me. He was like my brother and he treated my like shit. Embarrassed me with rumors about his claim on me. Why would he do that?

~A Year Later~

Today was the day my heart really shattered.

I was in my room writing lyrics when my brother Ruby busted my room.

"Y/n, hurry, Oscar getting arrested!" He grabbed my hand and I grabbed my coat putting it on. We ran all the way to Oscar's house to see a bunch of cop cars and Oscar on the ground.

"I didn't do anything, man!" He said as they picked him up off the ground with his hands cuffed. He looked up at me and his face soften see the tears in my eyes.

I'm sorry

Was the last thing he mouthed to me before he was arrested.