She Dead

I sat in my studio smoking a blunt with Jay telling him about Oscar.

"So, you telling me he got a whole child. Damn, N/n, what you gonna do?"

"I ain't doing shit, its his kid. I ain't nobody baby mamma and I ain't gonna be." I blew out the smoke passing the blunt to Jay who laughed.

"Damn she feisty." I chuckled.

"Nah, but I'm serious, I don't want dude who gonna constantly lie to my face and thinks its okay. And top of that he had a whole child and didn't tell me. Like, I thought we were gonna try and be real with each other." I said then my phone dinged I looked it was Oscar asking if we could talk. I had to talk to him sooner or later. I texted saying yeah and telling him to meet me at my favorite diner.

"Hey, imma catch you later. I gotta meet up with Oscar." I told Jay he nodded giving me a hug as I left.

I went to my door opening it to see Oscar standing there with a paper.

"I said meet at the diner."

"I was already here when I texted you." I sighed and opened the door wider letting him in. He walked in going to sit on my couch and followed sitting next to him.

"So, wassup?"

"So, I took a test, and um, the kid is a Diaz." He said and I smiled a bit.

"Congrats, I'm happy for. You should be there for your son..." I started but Oscar cut me off.

"Y/n, are you serious, do you really think I'm ready for a 5 year old to running around my house. I can barely take care of Cesar, and I don't want my son I that life." He said and I scoffed shaking my head.

"Oh, your son's life is way more important than Cesar? You didn't care about Cesar and how he would grow up when you jumped him in."

"What else was I supposed to do?"

"You all ways used to talk about how you wanted a better life for him. Let him stay with me here, in Brentwood." I stood up off the couch and so did he.

"Freeridge is home, Y/n."

"Freeridge is gonna be the end of him staying there with you. Cesar's like my little brother let me help take care of him." I said and he looked away from me.

"You're right, he's like your little brother, but he's my hermano, he's my responsibility." He said and I crossed my arms looking down.

"I know, I'm just tryna help..."

"What if your parents weren't around? Would you drop Mario and Ruby off at your friends house?"

"Yeah, I would, if I knew that I couldn't give them the life they deserve, I would give to someone I could trust was gonna take care of them. I'll my shit together and get my brothers and take care of them myself. Look, just think about it, okay. I wanna help." I said rubbing his arm.

"So what about your baby mama? Did you ask her if you could come over here?" I joked and he looked at me weird.

"No, I ain't gotta ask her shit, she's not my girl."

"Why not? You should be with your baby mama and your son."

"No, I should be with, and take care of my son and Cesar." He said pulling me closer to him. I couldn't help but smile at him. We were about to kiss but his phone started ringing.

"Hold on." He picked up the phone I stood there and waited.

"Hello? What do you mean she's in hospital, what happened? Okay, okay, I'm on my way." He put the phone in his and grabbed his paper.