Chitauri Invasion of 2012

"Ivy? You still there?" My dads voice was loud and harsh through the phone. I was only 13 at the time. My mom and I were on our way to D.C., watching the news as a portal was open above New York City. I guess that's why Fury made us leave so quickly. My mom sat in the seat next to me, holding my hand.

"Ivory." I was snapped out of my daydreaming back to my dad on the phone. "Dad? Are you okay? We're watching the news, please be careful." "Ivy, put me on speaker for you and your mom." I followed his instructions and he started talking again. "The world council sent a missile into the city. I am about to put it through the portal, but it might be a one way trip."

I felt tears start brimming my eyes and jumped as my mom started talking. "Tony, we have a daughter. She can't grow up without a father. Please, find another way." My dad was going to die in an alien portal, saving the world. "Pep, this is the only way. If I don't stop the missile it will wipe out the whole city and everyone in it, and the portal will be open still. I'm sure you can see me flying it into the portal right now, so I love you both so much. I love you 3000." I choked a sob back. "I promise I'll try my best to get back home, bu-" he cut off. At the exact same time, the news showed all of the Chitauri die. He did it.

I hadn't even noticed the tears streaming down my cheeks. My mom hugged me, squeezing me tight to give me comfort, but I knew nothing would help. I wanted him back. He can't be gone, he's Tony Stark. He can live this. We saw the portal close, it was over.

We sat there in shock for what felt like forever, when I heard my phone ring. Bruce Banner. He was practically my family, for how much he was at our home and how much time my dad and him had spent together, "Hello? Ivy?" I could hear happiness in his voice, and I felt a sliver of hope rise in me. "Yeah?" It was hard to hear him, I assumed the power lines were mostly down. "Your dad's alive. He fell out of the portal just in time." My face lit up. "What!?"

~time skip 3 hours later~

We had returned in New York, I spotted my dad in Stark Tower, and pushed past the SHIELD agents and avengers, and when I finally met with him, I hugged him tighter than I had ever hugged anyone.

"Hey Ivy." When I heard his voice, a sob threatened to come out, but I held it back. He picked me up, and walked me over to a large man I hadn't met before, and set me down. My dad and Fury had talked about him a lot, but seeing him in front of me, towering over in his Medieval Times-like outfit, was oddly intimidating.

His deep voice startled me as he spoke. "Hi!" He glanced over at my dad as if asking permission to talk to me. When he nodded, the man spoke again. "Im Thor."

"I'm Ivory." I smiled at him, but my reply had come out much more shaky and soft then I was expecting, but he was probably 6'0, looking down at my 5'0 self. Then, 3 more people walked over to me, alongside Bruce.

When the woman spoke, it was soft. Much more than the long haired man who I met first. "Hey, you must be Tony's daughter?" I nodded, still startled from all of the large people standing around me.

My mom walked over to us then, and hugged my dad. The man dressed in red white and blue spoke then, with a firm but soft voice. "Hey Pepper." I jumped a little, not expecting it. He gently laughed and then gave me a reassuring smile. They each introduced themselves to me, as Steve, Natasha, and Clint.