Nevile Longbottom

this story has a medical condition that is essential to the plot and character, and while this is fiction, I have tried to portray it as truthfully as possible, but I am not a medical professional, and this IS about magic and wizards, so let's face it not everything is entirely accurate here, but I apologise if this is not a factually correct portrayal 

Most people would consider the ability to recall and memorise things to near-perfection a blessing, but to Meissa Lestrange, it's a curse. 

Meissa can memorise things to near-perfect detail. She could tell you all the names of all the students at her sorting ceremony. She could tell you how many peas were on her plate at her first meal at Hogwarts. She could even tell you what books are in the library in alphabetical order.

But while most people are lucky enough to recall memories from when they were a toddler, Meissa can remember as far back as her infancy, and the first one she can recall has haunted her ever since.

Her Parents Bellatrix and Rudolphus Lestrange, infamous for the torture of Alice and Frank Longbottom, did so right in front of her, and she has never been able to forget it since.

Every night her sleep has been plagued with the screams of the Longbottoms and the evil laughter of her mother, the only peace she has are the draught of peace she has been brewing ever since she was 11.

After her parent's arrest, she was sent to live with Aunt Andromeda, her husband Ned, and her cousin Nymphadora. Both Ned and Andromeda always thought she was going to grow up to be a smart witch. Still, it was only when she answered all the questions on Tonks homework correctly at age 7 that they knew something was wrong.

Worried that Bellatrix or her husband had done something to Meissa as a baby, they took her to the healers. Still, when that revealed nothing, Ned suggested they taker her to the muggle doctor, and it was there they found out that Meissa has what is known to the Muggle world as Hyperthymisa, and as far as they know, she is the only person in the Wizarding World to have it.

Ned and Andromeda called it a gift, but Meissa hates it. No matter how many good memories she makes, her sleep is always plagued by the screams of those her mother tortured and her laughter at their pain.

She thought Hogwarts might be an escape from the torture of her mind. She thought she could study magic in peace and finally put her memory to good use, but being the daughter of two notorious death eater is not easy.

The Hufflepuffs are afraid and avoid her at every turn. Most Slytherins seem to think they're her friend and a supporter of he-who-must-not-be-named and sneer at her when she isn't. Even the students in her own house of Ravenclaw hate her. They think she cheats and bullies her way through tests and work as she is rarely seen studying yet gets perfect grades, but the house she stays far away from is Gryfindor and by that, she means one Gryffindor in particular.

Ever since Meissa saw Neville Longbottom at the sorting ceremony, she has avoided him and every Gryffindor ever since. She can't even bear to look at him because every time she does, she can hear the screams of his parents echo in her head.

But fate seemed to have other ideas because no matter where she sat or how far away when stood, every class they had together, they were made partners.

1st year they were made potion partners.

2nd year she was his duelling partner.

3rd year she became his partner in Care for Magical Creatures.

And in her 4th year, she was made is Herbology partner.

Meissa can't stand it. Every time she's near him, the memory of that night come crawling to the front of her mind and is so intense that it causes her head to ache, which breaks her heart because every time he asks if she's ok she gives him the stoic stare she's known for.