Fred Weasley

Marigold Hope Everly hasn't always had the easiest childhood, her parents died tragically in a hit and run when she was six, and because they had no known relatives, she and her older twin Violet were forced to live in the local orphanage.

Many children were wary of the twins calling them the Evil Everly girls as strange occurrences were known to happen around them, such as things going missing, objects floating or lights flickering.

Because of this, both Marigold and Violet were considered outcasts and were rarely ever fostered or adopted, those who did were quickly put off by the odd happenings that surrounded the Everly sisters, and they were always returned to the orphanage, but that never dampened their cheery demeanour,  they never cared, Marigold and Violet were born best friends. To them, they were all the family they needed.

Unfortunately, tragedy seemed to follow the twins like a shadow, and Violet soon became ill. Yet, the Everly sisters still kept their smiles. They laughed together. They danced together, dyed their hair crazy colours and stayed up late into the night making memories together.

But time can be fleeting, and on the 19th of April, a week before their birthday, Marigold's worst feat came true, and Violet Faith Everly lost her year-long battle with her illness, leaving Marigold alone, twinless and without her best friend by her side, but before She passed away, Violet left Marigold with one last gift, a pair of rollerskates and a classic walkman with dozens of mixtapes of their favourite songs.

One of those tapes was a message to Marigold, left by Voilet telling her that she's at peace and no longer hurting and promises to go forth and live life to the fullest like they always wanted to.

And Marigold kept that promise every day still kept her bright and happy demeanour. She never took her skates off and always kept the sister that she loved close to her heart and promised to live her life to the fullest. Little did she know that her life was about to take a dramatic turn.

On the day of her 11th birthday, two strange men arrive at the orphanage named Albus Dumbledore and Remus Lupin to tell her two things one, she is a witch, and two, Remus Lupin is her only living relative.

It turns out that her great Aunt Hope (who she was named after) married a wizard and they had a child together called Remus Lupin, who Marigold instantly took to calling Uncle Remus. She is offered a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and a home with Remus, who is very reluctant at first but soon warmed to the sunny and infectious personality that is Marigold Everly.

Mari fit into the wizarding world like a duck on water. She adores her pet Puffskein that Remus got her and was eager to learn every area that she could, even when she learnt of her uncle's condition that only spurred her further into learning more about magic so she could help him and others like him, making it her mission to become an Animagi like the famed Marauders she'd heard so much about.

She loves her time at Hogwarts, and everyone seems to like her. It's hard to find anyone who hates Marigold, teachers and students alike. Even Snape seems unusually tolerant of her. the only person who seems to hate her is Flitch (and later on Umbridge).

He hates how she's always on her rollerskates and leaving wheel marks on the floor, and she never hears him because of her constantly listening to her walkman. He hates those two muggle devices so much that he confiscates them and locks them in his room. 

Distraught over the loss of her most treasured possessions, she sets out on a task to rescue her beloved walkman and skates, but Marigold has never broken into Flitch's office. The only thing she's broken at Hogwarts is the school dress code. She doesn't want to bother her uncle. This is the first stable job he's had since he adopted her, so she has to find some other way.