Chapter 1: A Donation

Zhongli sat at his desk, staring at his fairly inexpensive pc set up. Yeah, his computer and pc weren't the best, but he was on a fairly tight budget. He sighed hoping this "streaming" Thing would help him make some extra mora. So he put in his earbuds and started the stream. It was his first ever stream, and finding out the controls were a lot harder than he originally expected. But he was here. He didn't do much, he couldn't really get anything to screen capture right, so he just sat and spoke to his 2-3 viewers for a couple hours till they left and he was on his own once more. Afterward, he ended the stream, turned off the pc, and headed for bed after eating dinner.

He sighed heavily when he finally got into bed, his thoughts still swarming on and on about that evenings stream. He didn't quite get it, how could people make it so big? But he tried to rationalize with himself that it was only his first stream and there would be room for improvement. Maybe the next time he streamed he'd have more people.

Zhongli's phone buzzed, letting him know that he had two new followers. He assumed it was the two people he was talking to that night. In all honesty he had a lot of fun chatting with them, and he hoped they had enjoyed it too. He smiled softly to himself and turned off his phone, carefully plugging it in and setting it on the bedside table before rolling into his back. He'd do better tomorrow, he just knew it.

Weeks passed and with just his regular speaking to viewers his viewer count slowly began to grow. Soon 5 turned to 50 which turned into 500 and continued from there until his current follower, viewer, and subscriber count was through the roof.

Months went by, and Zhongli was doing even better than he ever could've imagined when he first started. A lot of people started to regularly watch and follow him, enjoying the content and Zhongli himself. He had gotten enough donations from his fans to afford a new set up, he had his community decide on everything he'd purchase, and in the end he came to absolutely love it. Though one thing never changed, he refused to get a proper mic or headset. He claimed he was perfectly happy with his earbuds, which is something his followers found incredibly adorable; even though Zhongli, for the life of him, didn't know why it was "cute" but he went with it anyway. He knew better than to argue with his followers.

Of those followers Zhongli managed to gather was pro gamer Childe, who went by Tartaglia on Twitch. Tartaglia was a pro gamer who liked going around to small creators and showering them with wealthy donations. While looking for these small creators to donate to when off stream he came across Zhongli. He was immediately taken aback by how stunning the boy was, quickly making a seperate account to join Zhongli's streams. He frequently donated on said account, Zhongli thanking him every time. But, he wanted to go bigger and give Zhongli a bigger audience. So he was going to do what he'd been dreading, he was going to donate to Zhongli on his main account.

Zhongli was casually streaming, talking about things and topics with his followers, his head resting on his palm as he stared at the camera with a soft gaze. "I'm glad everyone is doing well, and I really appreciate all of the support on my streams, I do plan to do something more interesting than bore you with my speaking, so if you have any ideas, please let me know on any of my social media's." He smiled kindly before talking about a random topic one of his followers brought up when a large announcement popped up on screen with a donation.

Childe stared at his screen nervously, his hands trembling, admiring the stunning boy on his screen who he has been watching and donating to for the past few months. He had watched as the once small creator grew his platform, and he knew this was the right thing to do. Afteral, he loved being able to join his streams, watching him gain more, loving his voice, adoring the few times he smiles, gazing right back at Zhongli as if were there with him.

Tartaglia took a deep breath in and a finale deep breath out, looking at his chat (which was very confused at Childe's hesitation) when finally mustering up the courage to finally donate to him on his main account. Looking up once he saw the announcement on screen with the donation amount.

𝚃𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 10,000,000 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚊.
𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘲𝘶𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳! 𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘪𝘵 𝘶𝘱, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦!

He sat there at his desk, putting his hands behind his head waiting to see how the other would react to the amount donated. His chat going crazy with calling him a simp. Childe chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

Zhongli's eyes widened at the amount of mora donated, his surprise turning into a heavenly giggle. "Why thank you, Tar-tag-lia? I hope I said that right. I've seen you around Twitch, and I've seen what you do, I think it's very generous of you. Thank you for donating to me, I'll make sure to use it wisely" He smiled softly. "Oh, I don't know if I'm unique, but thank you! I really do appreciate it" He looked at the camera earnestly. "And if it's not overstepping any boundaries, I'd love to collaborate with you on something Tartaglia"

Childe's face turned red as he immediately began to type, his own chat being flooded with the word "simp". Zhongli's chat, however, was telling him to look at Childe's stream. It was very known to all of Childe's fanbase that he had a thing for Zhongli.

𝚃𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 500,000 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚊! 𝘈 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦! 𝘋𝘔 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳~ ❤

Even with the flood of messages by some miracle Zhongli had seen Childe's message, a grin forming on his face. "Yes! I'll DM you the second I get a chance" He smiled before going back to speaking with his audience. That also went crazy that the supposed pro gamer Tartaglia noticed Zhongli. Everyone warned him to make sure it was real because they didn't want their favourite creator to get scammed. He assured them all softly, explaining what he'd do if it was fake.

Childe understood the caution, but he wanted to prove he was the real deal. Which he would, he'd have to get back to Zhongli. He could easily prove it with a selfie, or a di-. He shook that thought away, which definitely didn't go unnoticed by the chat.

After a few hours, Zhongli started to get tired and hungry. So he bid farewell to everyone that joined the stream, saying goodbye to them as they all clicked off. It was a habit that everyone who ever watched Zhongli's streams knew, he loved to end the stream only when every last person had left, and they were all very respectful about it which made the boy very happy. He watched as everyone logged off before it came down to only one person. Zhongli was confused, maybe they were new to his streams?
"Pardon me, but you happen to be the last person on, I'm not entirely sure if you fell asleep, zoned out, or anything. But I do wish you a good evening"

𝘈𝘩! 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘡𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘪, 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺~ 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯, 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘰! -𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺, 𝘛𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘢.

He blushed "thank you for everything this evening Tartagila, I'll be sure to message you" He smiled softly into the camera, a smile meant only for Childe before he ended the stream.

Childe also blushed, biting his lip. His viewers calling him a simp once more.

"Ah, yeah yeah, I'm a simp, but can you blame me? His beauty is out of this world. Anyway! That's it for this stream, Tartaglia, signing off," He winked with a small two finger salute before turning off his stream.

He was nervous before, but he couldn't help but feel excited for what was to come with Zhongli. And Zhongli would be lying if he said he didn't feel the same.