Chapter 5

Vanya was unconscious for three days so Five did some research about what had happened to her.

"Not this, not that. Why isn't there any information?" Five exclaimed. He threw around the books in frustration taking care not to hit Vanya. Five continued to rummage through the rubble near the ruins of the Umbrella Academy. There had to be books about her condition, something that dad might have recorded.

Five continued researching until nightfall hardly stopping to eat. At this point, basic needs just didn't feel important. 'What if Vanya never woke up?' he thought.

On the second day, Five almost gave up, sitting down near the ruins with his head resting on his knees. He was almost ready to head back to the hut when he spotted a red book sticking out of the rubble. He hadn't seen the book before. Cautiously, Five picked up the red book and wiped off the dust with his fingers. The title gleamed golden, 'RH'.

Five read the book by candlelight. It felt like looking at a family photo album. All his early memories came back to him in those pages. He thought. Finally, he got to the page about Vanya.

Number 7

Cannot be controlled
Powers involve manipulating sound waves to convert into energy which can be used in many ways. Particularly when emotionally unstable
Must be suppressed using pills

Five thought about it, if dad couldn't control her could he? Was he intelligent enough? It was worth a try wasn't it? If they wanted to survive here anyway.