05. In The Library At Night

" This is amazing ! " Elle squealed, jumping on her queen sized bed.

They gave us one room and it was the size of my aunt's house. Elle and I were supposed to share it with another girl who hasn't arrived yet. I hated sharing a room with other people, but this was kinda okay. I had enough space and we have three separate beds and closets.

I don't know how, but when I stepped into my closet, there were a collection of a girl's clothes waiting all in my size. There were a couple of beautiful gowns of green and brown, a set of weapons and a stack of normal clothes.

The door burst open and in came our roommate.

" Howdy ho, roomies. I'm Kelly. Kelly Collins. It's a pleasure to meet you two. We're gonna be best friends ! " She screamed as she charged towards me and surprised me with a hug. I was too stunned to respond. Then she pulled away from me and grinned widely.

" It's okay. " She said. " I'm a bit weird, but you'll eventually like me, you'll see. " She winked.

Elle who had been quiet, jumped down from her bed and went to hug Kelly. " Hey to you too. I like you already. "

They patted each other's backs like they've known each other since forever.

Kelly sat on her bed. " So introduce yourselves."

" This is Andrea Price. You can call her Andy. " Elle introduced me.

" This is Eleanor Bell. You can call her Elle. " I introduced Elle.

" Well, nice to meet you, Andy Price and Elle Bell. Oooh, hey.... that rhymes. " She grinned like crazy.

" Okay. First of all, no one's allowed to call me that. " Elle settled a threatening glare at us.

" But it- " Kelly started.

" No. " Elle glared.

" Elle Bell." I smirked. " I've never thought of it in that way.

" Not you too. " Elle said in a dissapointed tone.

* * *

Kelly has been living here in Idle Haven since she could remember, so she filled us in about everything. She explained us how the children who came from the Insul world were Haveners once. We have been simply given a memory portions in the past. That's why we can't remember anything. Kelly told us that sometimes when a child's parents die fighting for the land, the child is given a memory portion and handed to an Insul family. This made Elle upset very much, but it didn't bother me that much. I knew in my bones that I was my mother's child.

After a while, we were tucked in our beds and Kelly was snoring, but I knew that Elle was awake.

" Elle. " I whispered.

" Yeah ? " She whispered back.

" I want to go to the library. "

" First thing in the morning. "

" I mean, now. "

" Are you crazy ? " She raised her head.

" They said we can go there anytime. "

"Yeah, but now ? "

I got up and threw my sheets aside.

" You stay. I'm going. " I walked in to my closet and grabbed a cloak and pulled it around me.

Elle started to protest, but didn't try to follow me as I went out from the door. I climbed down the stairs and got to the fourth floor. I tried to remember where the library was from the tour Jocelyn gave us, but the Mansion was too huge. I didn't remember a thing. Since we got here to the mansion, the questions pile in my mind just got bigger and I wanted answers. I wanted them badly. Ubel promised that they will be there.

I stopped in front of a pair of big wooden doors. Golden chains decorated the wall around it. A line of black letters beside it, caught my eye.

The answers you seek always awaits you, only if you know where to look.

I took a deep breath and pushed the doors and stepped inside.

* * *

It was... I was too lost for words to describe it. I've spent half of my childhood in libraries, but I've never seen anything like this before. This library was huge and dark. Its magic pulled me in. My legs moved forward on their own.

" Beauty and the Beast. " I muttered.

I heard a low chuckle from behind.

" I'm pretty sure that this library is bigger than any you've seen in disney movies. "

I turned expecting to see Ethan, but found myself facing Ubel instead.

He looked different from the the responsible and dutiful boy we saw in the entrance hall. Ubel's hair was ruffled and his eyes gleamed with amusement. I forced my eyes away from him as he approached me with a teasing grin.

" Like what you see ? " He asked.

Oh, so he's flirty.

" Actually, yes. I've never seen anything amazing like this before. " I replied, looking around, pretending I didn't get what he meant.

He chuckled again. " Of course you haven't. Now, tell me. Why are you here at this hour ? "

" You said we can come here anytime. " I frowned.

" Well yes. But you should've waited till the morning. "

" I wanted answers. " I scowled.

" Oh. " His eyes widened. " You're an Insul. Okay then follow me, curious. If you demand answers, then answers you shall have. "

Then he lead me inside.

* * *

" So, I need books about dark creatures, the darkness and Idle Haven." I sighed in frustration. " How am I supposed to find all that when this place is bigger than Asia ? "

" Easy. " He smiled. " Look up. "

I did. I thought the library was given light from candles or bulbs. But when I looked up, there weren't any. There were butterflies. Thousands of them. With their wings glowing red and blue. Wait, what did Frode call them ? Circles ? Centers ? No, Cices. The Cices were giving us light.

Ubel raised his hand and immediately, a Cice flew down and lead us deep inside till we found that we were standing front of the exact section we wanted to find.

" Don't get too exited. This is only the beginning. More things await you in the future. " Ubel whispered in my ear.

For once, I believed. This was only the beginning.