5

They ate and enjoyed their milkshakes. Levi paid for dinner even though Hanji wanted to help out, he insisted it was his treat.

"I had a great time Levi," Hanji said.

"As did I," Levi replied.

The pair walked out of the restaurant only to be greeted by a big rain and thunder storm.

"Well guess time to head back home," Hanji muttered.

"Where are you staying?" Levi asked.

"I meant to ask."

"Oh, uhm...well currently in the basement of some house..." Hanji replied.

"The place I rented had a mouse problem so I had to move, they put me in that place for now... It's uh, well it's small and kinda gross and there's not a working shower or kitchen heh, but it's got a roof over my head so that's something..."

"Ridiculous." Levi grumbled.

He grabbed her arm.

"You're staying with me," Levi said.

"I'm not letting you stay in some disgusting ass basement with no proper way to care for yourself."

"L-Levi! I...I can't impose on you!" Hanji replied.

"You're not imposing, I have a 3-bedroom, 2-story townhouse," Levi said.

"Dang fancy," Hanji replied.

"It's nothing special," Levi said.

"But it's nice because it's private, surrounded by a large fenced yard with big bushes blocking annoying peoples view. It does have a good view of the city though."

"That's the Levi I know," Hanji said with a laugh.

"Tch..." Levi muttered.

"Where's your stuff?"

"In the police station janitor closet...heh," Hanji said.

"Let's go get it then go home," Levi replied.

Hanji wasn't expecting this offer but Levi did just as he said he would. They got her bags and headed to his place.

The next morning-

Levi and Hanji walked in to the station together, which got them some weird looks. Levi didn't care and Hanji didn't really notice.

Several months passed-

Levi and Hanji grew closer. It was like no time had passed since they last saw each other years ago. They were nearly inseparable. Most nights they would work late going over case files and information Hanji had found. Hanji had move in with Levi since her old living conditions were shit and he didn't approve. Plus, she often neglected herself during work so Levi wanted to make sure she was taken care of, that she bathed, ate and got proper sleep.

This such night, Hanji had gone to bed early since she didn't feel well. Levi guessed it was stress since due to her getting stuck on a part of the case. Hanji had been working extremely hard trying to piece together the puzzle for this case. Levi let her skip dinner and rest.