0.4

Maybe you'd only known the boy for a day but there was one thing you knew for certain. Dandy Mott was pure evil.

"I hate it here, I hate this house, I hate my life, I hate you mother!" Dandy's voice echoed off the walls of the foyer, he stood tall at the top of the spiral staircase, as if he was above everyone else.

You groaned as you walked into the room and stood next to Dora. While the mother and son had their little quarrel, you finally took advantage of your time and spoke to her.

"My name's Y/n, sorry that I couldn't properly introduce myself earlier,"

She shook her head, "It wasn't your fault, it was that ungrateful little brat,"

"Please," You chuckled, "I think you're the only other sane person in this house,"

"So you can imagine what it was like before you got here,"

Dora eventually left to go and clean the dining room, leaving you alone with the Mott's. Great. Just what you needed, you thought to yourself.

Gloria suddenly took off up the stairs. Dandy was about to join her but quickly turned to you, "Well, are you coming or what?"

You hung your head low and put on a fake smile, "Of course, I'm so excited to go back to your playroom and hear you recite the whole Cole Porter canon," 

"Stop doing that," He sighed, "Sarcasm is so annoying when it comes out of your mouth,"

"If you want me to not tell the police about your little attempt to kill me then I suggest you stop dragging me around on your little escapades,"

"I'm hardly dragging you around, you always end up following me. Besides, you're acting like the police would believe a peasant over me. I have so much more authority than poor people,"

Gloria pushed the large pristine doors of the playroom open, "Are your eyes closed?"

"Don't be stupid," Briskly walking passed, he didn't even spare her a glance, "Let me in,"

"It's a clown," His Mother announced, "Your very own clown,"

You were finally at Dandy's side, holding in a chuckle. He really was a massive child.

Staring at the clown, you couldn't help but be scared. This was your first time seeing one in person. You never predicted that they'd look this scary. He must've been amazing at special effects, you thought to yourself. It almost looked like his face had been ripped off and shoved back into place.

When you looked back at Dandy, you noticed how he was now completely uninterested in you. He looked full of excitement, a genuine grin across his face.

It was nice that you now knew the boy could smile, you thought to yourself. For a moment you thought his only emotion was anger. Maybe this would make him less likely to attempt to stab you with a kitchen knife again.

"You can do whatever you want with him!" Gloria sounded proud of the life-sized toy she brought home for her son, looking like she was about to start skipping around the room at any second.

You reran her words through your head. He could do whatever he wanted with the clown? Maybe she wanted to rephrase that.

Gloria finally left and the three of you were alone. To be honest, it almost felt as though you were third-wheeling. The long staring contest between Dandy and the clown started to be quite boresome so you went over to sit on the couch at the other end of the room.

You began to watch the show. There wasn't much else to do at the Mott Manor. Not when you were Dandy's personal lapdog.

Dandy suddenly started to walk forward, only stopping when he was inches away from the clown's face.