CHAPTER 3.

It's been a little over an hour since I've met Addi and it's been going well—surprisingly. We're sitting on the patio talking over a  beer. "It must have been nice to be an only child," I said into her ear.

She smiled at me. "It's alright but I've always wished I had a sibling—specifically a twin. Twins seem to have the most fun....pretending to be each other, having that 'twin bond', you know?" She said. I shrugged.

"I guess it's ok, but my twin and I are fraternal twins—so, he and I can't do the switching thing. The differences are pretty much obvious—for instance, I'm better looking, smart...hotter." I said, laughing." She rolled her eyes, laughing. I smiled then looked into the crowd and immediately spotted my older brother, Jarrett, dancing to Reggae Night, the man can't dance for shit but his confidence made up for that. I turned my attention back to Addi, who's singing along, she caught me staring and smiled shyly. "You wanna dance?"

She nodded. I got up and offering her a hand then we made our way into the edge of crowd and began dancing. I grabbed Addi's hips and pulled her into me, she responded with an approving smile then began rolling her hips against me. We danced for at least two songs when the music was cut off.  I frowned and glanced at the patio saw Jio with a mic in hand. Holy shit. I let go of Addi and ran towards him, hugging him. He almost fell but quickly regained his balance and chuckling. "I miss you too." He said, hugging me back, with one hand cradling my head.

"Took you long enough," I said, jokingly. He laughed. I pulled away to look at my eldest brother's dark face. He's a half of an inch taller than I am and buffer, it's in the army.

"Whatever chunky—" I'm not chunky, I'm buff, asshole, "—let's sing the song before Erin throws a shoe at us out of jealousy." I laughed and stuck my tongue stuck out at Erin, who's standing behind her three-layer cake held by JJ and Jariah.

"Yeah, we probably should," I said, I elbowed him when he pulled on my ear. We sang and Erin blew out her candles then ran over to hug Jio. My other brothers were hot on her kneel. I stepped back and stood beside Addi.

"Wo,  he sings too." She said, smiling. "I'm impressed, who's that?"

"My brother."

"Oh, adopted?" She asked.

"Nope, same parents," I replied. "He takes after our grandmother," I added, pulling Jose into a headlock when he tried to trip Joey.

Jose screamed. "I wasn't doing anything!" He exclaimed.

"Liar, I saw you," I said.

"No! It was Jonah!"

"Jonah is in his room grounded for lighting his curtains on fire," I told him.

"Oh yeah, damnit." He said. I let him go, chuckling. He turned and looked at me then at Addi. He smirked. Oh no. He leaned against me. "How you doing?" He asked, shoved him which made him stumble.

"Go away," I said.

"Don't hate me cause you ain't me." He said as watched a leggy, blonde walk by. "Hey! How you doing?" He yelled after her. I shook my head and stood beside Addi, who was now grinning.

"What are you grinning about?" I asked, smirking. She shook her head, biting her lip. I freed her lip with my thumb. "Tell me," I whispered, near her ear. She shivered.

"Nothing really, you're just scoring a lot of points in my book." She replied, looking into my eyes.

"Am I?" I said, staring at her lips. She nodded biting her lip. I freed her lip once again but this time with my teeth. As I was about to pull away she pulls me in for a kiss. Don't get me wrong she's an amazing kisser but I didn't feel a spark, which was kind of disappointing. My eyes fluttered closed when her fingers found the sweet spot behind my ears. Fuck, I thought, groaning as my zipper began cutting into me. Suddenly, she pulled away. "What's wrong?" I asked. Her eyes looked to her right then back at me. I looked and saw the blonde Addi came with. The blonde caught me looking and looked away.

Addi turned my head to face her,  leaning in. "Can we go inside?" She asked, with urgency. I helped her down and took her hand led her inside and shut the door behind us. "Whoa!" She exclaimed. "So this is what the inside of rich peoples houses look like." She said, making a funny face at me.

"Slobs aren't they," I said, jokingly. She grinned at me.

"You have a beautiful home." She said.

"My parents have a beautiful home—I'm just living here until I finish culinary school."

She looks at me, shocked. "He cooks too, wow." She said.

"I'm alright at it," I said, trying to sound humble. "But ask me to make shepherd's pie, I suck at that," I said, pulling her into the kitchen. She looked around with her mouth agape. She ran her fingers along the stainless steel countertops, entranced. "I'm in the mood for a ham and cheese sandwich.....how about you?" I said, getting ingredients out of the fridge.

"Yes please, no Mayo please."

"Boo! That's a building block of a sandwich." I said as I washed a couple of lettuce leaves and a tomato.

"I'm pretty sure the bread is." She said, smirking. She sat at the island watching. "Fine, a small amount of mayo."

I grinned. "Now you're talking."