fourteen

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

𑁍

Glenn held onto Y/n, as she sobbed into his chest. Ignoring everyone else, he pulled the fourteen year old girl from the ground. Y/n started stumbling, as Glenn started pulling Y/n away from the sence.

"Shhh, come on Y/n." He said, as he dragged her away.

"S-soph." Y/n whimpered, as she slowly walked with him.

"I know, I know kid." Glenn said gently, "Let's get you some rest."

Y/n just nodded in his chest, as fresh wet tears fell from her face. The poor girl was in shock, as sadness seeped through her entire body. Y/n couldn't believe it. After all this time of looking for her, she had been in the barn the whole time. She didn't blame the Greene family.

She had a feeling that they didn't know. It was some gut feeling she had, though she didn't know why. If they had knew, they would have told the group.

𑁍

Y/n stayed in the tent for the rest of the day. She was too absorbed in her own, sad thoughts. She kept a tight grip onto her mother's rosary, throughout the day. Knowing that Sophia, was now in a much better place. But she couldn't help but be sad, one of her first friends. Had died, and they even found her on Y/n's birthday as well.

That day, they had a nice peaceful service for Sophia. Along with the two members of the Greene family, the mother and step brother. It was at sundown, and the service was beautiful. After that, Y/n had went back to her tent. And fallen asleep, with many thoughts on her mind. Mostly of, why god is punishing them?

"I wish it was us, who found her." Carl had said to Y/n, late after the service.

Y/n agreed. She wished that both her and Carl would find Sophia, and bring her home. And that everything would go back to as normal, as it could get. Just Y/n, Carl, and Sophia playing and laughing together. But now that had been, yanked harshly away from them.

Almost like yanking off bandaids. Or maybe even a pice of duct tape. But of course, multiple it by a thousand. Or even a billion.

The next day, Y/n walked in the house in search of Glenn. She wanted to talk with him, see if he could help her feel better. Glenn always found some way to make Y/n laugh, it was like a special talent of his. She followed the voices, and peaked into Hershel's room(where carl stayed when he was shot). Inside the room stood Shane, Maggie, Glenn, Rick, and Lori. It was obvious something had happened.

Y/n shot a glare at Shane. She wasn't very fond of him, especially with the way he was acting. As Y/n's mother would say, he was acting like 'an absolute kook' that or 'an absolute basket case'. She knew that what Shane had done, would come with big and bad consequences.