seventeen

𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

𑁍

Y/n walked inside the Greene family house, in search of Hershel. Shane and Rick had left, to take Randall out. Giving him a chance fight. That week he came seemed to vanish so quickly, and Y/n was glad. His presence made Y/n uneasy, kept trying to talk with her every time she searched the house for Glenn(since randall was on bed rest).

Hershel, had agreed to let Y/n and Carl use the barn as a hang out. And he even helped them clean it up a bit, giving them suggestions. The more time Y/n spent with him, the more she thought of him like a grandfather figure. Finally, Y/n found Hershel in his room cleaning up all the bloody rags. And bandages, from changing Randall's bandage around his leg one final time.

"Hey, Hershel!" Y/n beamed, walking into the room.

Hershel looked up from his work and smiled "Hello, Y/n." He said, "Is there something you need?"

The girl nodded "Yeah, I was wondering if you could teach me any medical stuff. Since I don't really know much." Y/n explained.

Hershel nodded, and wipped his hands off with a cloth "I'm sure I can show you a few things." He said. "Why do you ask though?"

"Well, with how the world is. I wanna be ready, and I don't have any medical skills. I mean, what if I get split up from everyone and I get hurt. Or I get lost with someone, and they get hurt." Y/n rambled on, about the endless possibilities.

"Thoes are very good points, but before I teach you anything. You'll need to talk with Glenn." Hershel said, "Get his permission first."

Y/n nodded "Okay, I'll be right back!" She beamed, walking out of the room.

Once she was out of the house, she burst into a sprint and went off to search for Glenn. She searched around the camp, and asked around. Eventually, Dale had told Y/n he was at the stables helping Maggie tend to the horses. Y/n ran through the rather tall grass, towards the stables.

"Glenn!" Y/n called, as she ran inside the stables.

Glenn and Maggie looked over, as Y/n ran in. She had an excited look on her face, "Yes?" Glenn asked as Y/n came to a stop in front of him.

"Can Hershel teach me some medical stuff?" Y/n asked, moving a piece of h/c hair from her face.

"Why do you wanna learn about medical stuff?" Maggie wondered, looking at the girl.

Y/n then proceeded to explain why she wanted to learn a bunch of medical skills, all the reasons and whatnot. After two minutes of explaining, she looked at Glenn. A hopeful look in her e/c doe like eyes.