01 || the beginning

Stila

A small breath of air passed my slightly parted lips, as I wiped my extremely clammy hands onto my jeans.

I was nervous.

Anyone could tell I was nervous.

But this was it. This was the moment that, I, along with the other hundreds of children here, have been waiting for.

I was going to be taken home.

I've never had a home before, well at least not one that I remembered. I had been apart of this orphanage for as long as I could walk. That's almost seventeen years.

Mr and Mrs Potter were lovely. Not that I would be picky. I would rather be in a loving home with a family, than in an orphanage that I was soon to be kicked out from.

Mrs Potter sent me a kind smile before walking my way. I sent her a shaky smile back.

I had met them once before. Mrs Potter did majority of the talking, whilst Mr Potter just stared. He was strange, and I wasn't too fond of his presence just yet.

They were both dressed in what was considered high-end fashion. Mrs Potter was a classy woman. She was in a long black dress they just passed her knees, and contrasted against her pale skin nicely. She had a long tan trench coat on, that almost reached her ankles. She carried a nice designer handbag and was wearing what I guessed were designer shoes.

Mr Potter was wearing an all black suit. Black shirt, black pants, black blazer and black tie. His shoes were extremely dressy and polished. A nice leather black.

My guess was that they had money. Not that it mattered if they did or if they didn't. I was just happy to be going home.

"Are you ready to leave, Stila?" She asked me softly, placing a warm hand on my shoulder.

I nodded in reply, grasping the strap to my backpack tightly. Mrs Potter seemed to notice this and gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"No need to be nervous. We will take great care of you," She stated.

I slowly nodded in reply.

I hope they would.

I followed them out to their car, waving at all the friends I had made on my way out. I don't think I would miss it here, but I definitely would miss my friends.

A sense of guilt washed over as I looked back at all the kids who were staring back at me sadly. I knew what it was like to see children constantly getting adopted or fostered and anxiously waiting for your turn. It's heart wrenching.

I smiled sadly and gave them all one last wave before heading out.

"Star! Star!" A little voice cried out.

I turned around just in time to catch a tiny little body which was now wrapped around my legs.

A frown came onto my face when I notice she was sobbing.

"Monroe," I spoke out, brushing my hand through her golden locks. "I promise I'll come visit you. I promise."

"Don't go," she sobbed, gripping my legs tighter in her grip.

Tears came to my eyes at the thought of leaving this precious girl. The one who looked at me as though I were her older sister. She was attached to me and now I was leaving her.

I bent down, peeling her off my legs carefully. I gripped onto her tiny arms and met her large green, puffy eyes.

"I will visit you whenever I can. I promise you that. I won't forget about you, okay? You make sure you don't forget me either," I spoke softly.

She sniffled in response before tackling me in a large hug.

I hugged her small body against my slim frame before pulling back. I brushed a wet curl out of her face before pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

"I love you, Moo."

A small cry escaped her lips.

"I love you more, Star."

I ruffled her hair causing her to giggle, before standing up. I waved at her and she waved back sadly, as I turned around and walked back to my foster parents.

Mr Potter had a scowl on his face, very clearly irked by my delay. Mrs Potter was staring at my gently, patiently waiting. She ushered me into the backseat of a limo before following suite.

Mr and Mrs Potter didn't drive themselves anywhere from what I know. They had a driver and a limo that took them everywhere they needed to go.

How handy.

I faced my body towards the window and sucked in a large breath.

I was going home.

I don't think I would get used to ever saying that. But I was happy, very happy, in fact, I was over the moon. I was seventeen, turning eighteen in three weeks. This means the orphanage would have evicted me had I not been fostered. The thought made me shiver in fear. I would have had nowhere to go.

But I do now. I have a new family, that I hope would care for me enough to keep me around.

I suddenly felt happiness spread throughout my body at the thought.

I had a family.

This was it.

This was the beginning of a new life.

Well.... hi.

This chapter is very short because it's merely an introduction into Stilas life. The next chapter will have a three month time skip, were we will be introduced to Stilas new home life!

The photo is how i imagine Stila to look but obvs you can imagine her however you wish

I'm over the moon about starting this story so I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it.

Please vote and comment if you want me to keep going!

See you in the next chappy!!

Xoxo,
Eden <3