III

Lee's eyes searched our faces, mine locking onto his as I laughed, "Nothing! Just catching up, talking about the boys." 

"Maybe you can invite Rachel over to Marie's?" Mrs Flynn must've known it was a touchy subject, she could always read her boys, but she knew it was the quickest way to advert the subject.

Lee shook his head, sighing softly leaning against the counter. Maybe the kitchen was a confessional, the way we both just effortlessly open up. "Technically we're broken up right now, unless I tell Elle to give me space. We went to the pier, and we left Rachel out... Or when Elle and I was at the arcade I forgot about our movie date and she stood outside the theater for 45 minutes waiting for me.."

His face dropped more and more, raking his fingers through his hair as he talked softly, "I pick up Elle for school first because she's closer, and Rachel had to sit in the backseat. I'm texting Elle too much. Our rules make her feel left out..."

"Why don't you date Elle then?" Shrugging my shoulders, I spoke without thinking, catching myself turning a light pink, "Shit wait. Terrible advice. From my point of view Elle is loosing Noah soon correct? He's going to Boston for college?"

Nodding his head, he sighed with his eyes focused on mine, "Elle is basically like my twin. We share the same birthday, we even host our parties together. Believe me, there's never been romantic feelings."

"She needs her best friend now more than ever, did you tell Rachel that? She's going to be working on long distance with Noah, and he's obviously the love of her life. She's been your best friend since birth." Shrugging my shoulders, I looked over at Sara and frowned, "Wait, I sounded mean there huh?"

Shaking her head, she smiled softly looking at Lee, "Give her some space to think about it. Everyone knows you and Elle don't think of each other like that at all, you're best friends."

"Mama knows best Lee-ster!" Flashing him a smile, I laughed softly wrapping my arms around him in a hug, standing on my tip toes attempting to be taller as I whined softly, "Damn you Flynn boys! Why are you both skyscrapers!"

Hugging me, he laughed playfully teasing, "She's gonna be pissed about you next! Just like how Elle hates you."

"Lee!" Sara scolded him, a frown forming as she narrowed her eyes, "She doesn't hate Marie! It's jealousy and that's all!"

Lee snorted, oblivious to the looks Sara was throwing him which even I could tell was a obvious shut up. Guess I'll have to be the one to change the subject. My eyes quickly skimmed Lee, noticing his hair was damp, and he was changed into a pair of black joggers with a grey tee, "So we chose the comfortable look today?"

His arms wrapped around me in a hug, taking me by surprise as he nodded resting his chin on my head, "It's movie night, I also packed the air mattress, dvds, and some popcorn."

"Sweetheart, I went shopping for her already, there's plenty of food stocked up, Nicholas gave me a list of your favorites." Sara smiled returning to her task before, putting the leftovers in the fridge as Elle and Noah walked in. You could feel the tension from the pair, Elle's eyes mostly focused on the ground, and Noah's face a light red as he rubbed the back of his neck, something he used to do when he was little when he was frustrated.

His head tilted to the side like a lost puppy though as he asked, "Why are you guys hugging?"

"Because Lee smells good?" Sighing in content, I pulled back from the embrace, the smell of his cologne still lingering as I smile, "So what's the plan?"

"Elle's dad said she can come, so we're going to head to the mall first, I figure you're going to need some new clothes? Plus I still need to buy some things for Boston so Lee can drive. If you're up for that?" Noah flashed a grin, his eyes flickering to the clock. It was only 6, giving a bit more daylight as Lee whined, "Let me go change."