Not even 20 minutes into the movie, the light snores from Elle caught my attention as Noah untangled her from his side, standing and quietly sneaking out the front door. Lee's head was pressed against my shoulder, the male passed out as his finger gently twirled in my hair. 

Sighing softly, I glanced back and forth between the screen and the door, debating following Noah, or giving him some space. After perhaps 5 or 10 minutes passed, the crackling of thunder and lack of Noah caused me to stand carefully, sliding from Lee's grip and following outside, the cold air hitting as I shivered slightly, glancing around. 

The rain poured as I looked around, seeing in the distance across the yard a faint light in the tree house, a sigh parting my lips. As I took a breath, I sprinted across the wet grass  and under the tree, quick to climb the ladder and into the small room, spotting a damp Noah sitting on the bean bag, scrolling through his phone.

"Hey stranger." Flashing him a soft small, I pulled myself up into the building as he jumped slightly, a chuckle parting his lips as he shook his head, "I was going to come back, but the rain started pouring harder."

"Oh really?" A laugh parted my lips as I glanced down at my soaked attire, sitting in the spare chair as I shook my hair out, "Are you okay?"

"My girlfriend is stressed about me leaving for college, she's stressed about me being around my best friend, she's so stressed about it she had to go to my brother's girlfriend and tell her how threatening you are and cause tension between them..." Sighing quietly, he looked at me shaking my head muttering, "Mars.. I don't know what to do."

"Maybe distance yourself from me?" Shrugging my shoulders, I flashed him a small smile, "You're going to college soon like you said, that way you guys can just enjoy the time til you leave and hell, we can text or video chat whenever?"

"I shouldn't have to distance myself from my childhood best friend.. I don't care that she has sleep overs with Lee? Why should she care that we literally hang out in public?" The frustration was clear on his face, his eyes locked on mine as he sighed loudly.

"Noah..." Shaking my head, I raked my fingers through my drenched hair muttering, "It's fine okay?" 

"It's not fine Marie!" 

Flinching at his cold tone, I cleared my throat, hesitant to speak before murmuring, "It is though. You're going to be fine. Noah, we barely emailed... You can survive without me, don't ruin a good relationship for me..."

"It's just not fair... You move back, and you're literally right in front of me..." Defeat was clear, written all over his face as he sighed quietly, "And now it's I'm forbidden to talk to you.."

Sighing softly, I nodded my head in agreeance crawling over, my arms wrapping around his broad shoulders giving him a gentle squeeze whispering, "We'll figure it out then, tomorrow okay?"

Pulling back from his hold, I flashed him a small smile as he whispered, "Okay... Let's get back before they realize we disappeared." 

Nodding, I laughed quietly as we shimmied down from the tree house, rushing across the lawn and into the house, a soft laugh parting my lips as I shook out hair whispering, "I'm going to go sleep in my room. Sleep tight yeah?"

Glancing over at the two, I smiled softly seeing they were still asleep, Noah nodding as he tugged off his shirt, a chuckle parting his lips as he murmured, "Nothing...?"

My eyes skimmed over his shirtless body, his defined muscles definitely something a girl could drool over, but I just snorted shrugging, a soft laugh parting my lips, "You look good Flynn." With that, I shrugged my shoulders walking back into my room, stripping from the soaked clothes and tugging on a pair of dry pajama shorts and a tank top, a soft sigh parting my lips as I crawled into the warm bed, a quiet yawn parting my own lips.