Chapter 33

***

GiGiLaurent - The first draft of that last chapter had a whole bit about Vivian's will. I kinda liked it, but wound up cutting it because it felt too abrupt and didn't fit in with the rest of the chapter. But anyways, she didn't leave him ANYTHING. The saloon went to Caroline and all the money got divided up between the girls to keep the place running. In my mind, she didn't want to leave him anything because she knew he had his own savings and (since she knew he was leaving) she didn't want him to have any reason to return.

Mountain077 - Maybe the faceless dream man is Gabe. MAYBE IT ISN'T. I mean y'all have been rooting for the reverend to die for AGES. Someone's gotta pay for his murder, amiright?

Cheldu3 - Damn... I'll have to try harder. Less hard? No more grammar sweeps for me. No sir-ee. Gotta keep you busy.

SocialGrace - I DID see it in spite of your horrible truck-driver cursing (😂😂😂) and it made me CRY and SMILE. You are so wise and kind, and I wish I had even half of your strength. Thank you for the brilliant pep talk. I will hug my dog in two months' time when I finally see her again and will be less of a mopey li'l beyotch in the interim. And I'll do LOTS and LOTS of writing. 

lous_stylesthebrave - YAY! I'm glad it's so far so good. Someone is reading Something Borrowed right now and they have already pointed out two mistakes and it's making me cringe at my own idiocy, lolol.

dragonfliespineapple - Aw, thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Although, to be fair, I'm definitely not doing it alone. I have fabulous writing buddies and Ava has been reading each chapter of this monstrosity before I post it and tells me when I need to have more bullet dodging and scene setting and whatnot. Not to mention if all y'all lovely readers weren't so responsive I'd have given up a long, long time ago. Some writers can write in a void but this one is deperately needy, lol. 

Kinji_plays - Listen, it wouldn't be one of my books if the characters didn't spend at least one or two nights wallowing in extreme and unnecessary self pity, aight? It's what I do best. It's... the only thing I do well... oh my Gosh... I really need to branch out...

ummmooops - See, you get it! Now that Katherine is beginning to recover from the abuse she suffered, her new character arc (poor girl has like four big epochs for every little tough decision Gabe has to make, lol) is to figure out if she's ACTUALLY in love or just codependent. By the end of the book she'll be back on her feet completely, strong and independent, and have to decide if she still wants him. We'll see...

***

Katherine

Hope and fear battled for her heart as she carefully folded clothing and placed it in the bag Amelia had given her. Hope that she'd soon be putting this nightmare behind her and Isobel forever. Fear that she might not.