prom dress

loosely based on 'prom dress' by mxmtoon

***

"i don't wanna go, mikey!" luke cried into the arms of his boyfriend, who was cuddling him.

"luke, you have to go. it's prom. you'll never get to experience this again," michael tried to reason with the smaller boy. he knew that luke would regret not going to his prom in the future, just like he knew exactly how the 17-year-old liked his coffee, and how he always forgot to tidy his room.

"i know, but everyone will make fun of me.. nobody likes the weird gay kid wearing dresses." he sighed, looking around his messy room, his eyes eventually reaching the beautiful light pink dress that he'd previously planned to wear to his senior prom.

"who cares what other people think? who knows! you could even be chosen for prom queen. whaddya think about that, hm?" michael smiled down at his beautiful boy.

"yeah right. i'd be the prom queen if crying was a contest."

michael giggled and kissed the top of luke's head. "you could also be the prom queen if being an absolute drama queen was a contest. come on, baby. everyone's gonna be there. me, calum and ash. nobody will say a word to you and if they do, they'll get beaten up." he joked in a serious voice before breaking down into laughter.

luke laughed along with his lover, who always seemed to manage to put a smile on his face, no matter how sad he really was.

"maybe i just wanna be alone, you ever think about that? instead of being stuck in a room with a ton of people who don't like me.." luke spoke with a sad smile on his face.

"don't talk like that, sweetheart. we all like to be alone, but you have so much time to be alone. there's no other time where you'll be able to be in a room with a bunch of judgemental assholes. make the most out of it, i say." michael joked, but was also serious in his words. he just wanted luke to have the time of his life, and for him not to be moping around whilst everyone else was dancing at prom. if luke didn't go, michael probably also wouldn't go. then if michael didn't go, calum didn't go, and if calum didn't go, ashton didn't go. why on earth would ashton go to prom alone, without his three brothers?

it was a chain reaction, and let's face it, everyone other than luke was excited for their prom. it could take a lot of persuasion, but it would be worth it.