starting line

based on 'starting line' by luke hemmings

***

luke always felt out of place in a world full of people who had all experienced different things. there were so many stories and memories that people shared, but luke felt like nobody could ever really understand his stories or the things he'd experienced in his lifetime.

he was a 25-year-old man, who's life had barely even started yet. he dropped out of school at 16, and then instantly been thrust into stardom without an escape, other than one person.

michael.

michael was the only person who luke felt really understood him and listened to him. michael always knew what to say when things were hard. michael always held luke whenever he cried himself to sleep. michael was always there. luke loved michael.

from his perfect personality to his soft green eyes and bleached blonde hair, there was not a single flaw on the man.

however, whilst luke was slowly floating and becoming more and more comfortable with himself, michael was slowly sinking. luke was so ecstatic at the chance to finally feel like he fit in, so much that he left michael to fend for himself.

the blue-eyed man still looks back in shame to this day at how selfish he was to leave his one true love behind whilst he rose to the top of the world, not just due to his success but also due to how much better he felt. he felt like a weight had been lifted off his chest.

what he didn't realise though, was that this weight had instead been placed onto michael's chest rather harshly, and poor michael still had to carry not only luke's baggage but also his own.

it was too hard for michael. he couldn't feel anything anymore. he couldn't blame luke for not checking up on him, because from what luke saw, michael was perfectly fine.

it was michael's fault for never asking luke to take his own mental health into consideration, because in the end, michael couldn't handle being on earth anymore. he couldn't handle life, as it became too much. and that's how his life ended.

A/N

this short story is really important to me as it has such a deep message. it's okay to vent to someone, but make sure that the person always feels comfortable enough and knows that they can vent to you. don't let it become one-sided, because then it could become too much for someone.