dear michael

tw // suicide

dear michael,

                         today is the day. i don't know whether you'll be happy to finally get rid of me, or you'll be sad. i don't want you to be sad. we made each other sad, but i don't want us to be sad anymore. i want to happy, and i'm sure you'll be even happier without me. i wish i could lay by your side one more time like we used to, when you'd tell me it'd all be okay.

but we don't do that anymore.
and we won't do it again.

i'm sorry that we won't last forever like we promised to each other when we put the bands on each other's fingers, but look on the brightside. i'll never have to take mine off again, and you don't have to either.. but you can if you want to. i'd get it. i mean, you're only 25. you have a whole life ahead of you to meet someone new and have kids. i wanted that with you. you wanted that with me.. but i knew we weren't going to last.

and i'd rather die then have to live any longer without you.

the time we spent together was magical and from a fairytale on the most part. but not all fairytales have happy endings, and that's okay.

i want you to look back on the years we spent together and smile. think of the beautiful memories we made. don't think about how it ended, but only about how deeply we used to love and care about each other. i still love you as much, if not even more than i did when we first started dating, but i know you don't love me anymore. i don't think you've loved me for a long time, if i'm honest.

but in my head you love me, and that's all that matters.

i'll die knowing that you still love me somewhere.

forever and always,
lu.