6.

After we finished dinner, Mikey drove me back home and came up to the front door to say goodbye with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Long after he was away, I still felt the slightest tingle on my skin were his lips had been. I was so gone for him.

But I didn't mind, especially not after Mikey had promised to call me in the morning. He kept his promise and from that moment on, we talked through the day. With more interruptions than we liked but we both were working adults so that had to be expected.

The second date went by just fine, along with three meet ups in between and I was positively smitten with Mikey. We talked about everything and anything and never had a boring moment even when we were just quiet. But we hadn't kissed or did anything couple-like. Well, we held hands that one time in the park and there was this peck on the cheek after the first date but other than that, nothing. On the other hand, two of the three times had been initiated by Mikey after very little warning and he had just stood at my door and asked for a bit of my time.

What led me to my current situation. I wanted to know as what we classified. Were we together? Or was this something different? He had to be interested in me at least a little, right?

Before I could get too much into my head over this, Hannah called, somehow sensing my stress and invited herself for the night. So my best friend came over and calmly listened to everything I told her about the current situation (minus the fact that he was part of a band of course. Three weeks had gone past since the original run-in and they still haven't met each other. I honestly was too afraid of her reaction for being quiet for so long more than anything else).

Then, she flicked my forehead from the counter she was sitting on. Surprisingly for both of us, we hadn't broken anything yet but the bowl with popcorn was already suspiciously close to the edge.

"Ouch!" I complained and rubbed the now red skin.

Hannah wasn't impressed by my death glare. "Just talk to him. From what you told me, that guy is smitten with you. And the only way to determine your relationship status is to ask him."

"It's not that easy!" I flopped down on my sofa and Lucy decided that now was the perfect time to lay on my back. "I can't just straight up walk up to him and ask him whether I'm his girlfriend or not."

"Yes you can and he would be crazy if he said no. But he won't because, he likes you too," Hannah stated and sat down next to me, petting the bundle of fur on my back.

Thankfully, she handed me some of the snacks, we had been preparing for a movie night. And then my phone rang.

But because you can't disturb a sleeping cat, I was locked in place. Cue for my best friend to answer the phone. Yes, she just took the call. Despite my loud protests.

"Hey, this is Hannah, Y/N's best friend and saviour from emotional crises" she said to whoever was on the other end.

"Hey, that could be personal!" I protested and very carefully tried to move around. My cat hissed at me and Hannah winked at me.

"Of course, I can hand her over to you, Mikey. It's nice to get to finally talk to the guy who makes my girl go crazy." She winked at me again and then handed me the damn phone.

I was blushing terribly and once again tried to stab Hannah with my eyes. It didn't work. She just giggled and looked at me, fully intending on listening to our conversation.

"Hey Mikey! Sorry for her, she's crazy," I apologized and walked to the bathroom to lock myself in there. I saw Hannah's face fall into a childish pout before I closed the door behind me. Never in my life had I been more glad to not be face to face to Mikey. My face felt like the skin would fall off any time from the amount of blood that was circulating underneath it.