Practicing with Nekoma

"Again!", I yell watching Kuroo's spikes.

"But that was the 100th one.", Kuroo says panting.

"You might do more than 100 in a game so it's better to be prepared. Kenma you can take a break though.", I say sternly.

"WHAT!?", Kuroo asks looking shocked.

"I didn't stutter.", I said.

He groans and continues spiking.

"Lev! Keep working on receiving!", I hear the Libero yell.

I turn my head to look over at them and chuckle seeing the tree from earlier face-down on the ground in a puddle.

"Is he dead?", I ask laughing.

"No.", the Libero says seriously.

"Your the Libero? Right?", I ask looking at the boy and squinting my eyes slightly.

"Yeah Yaku.", he says looking up at me.

"That's cool! I'm a Libero too!", I say looking at him excitedly.

"R-really?", he asks, eyes widening.

"Yeah! Wanna practice together sometime?", I ask.

"Sure.", he says smiling.

"How did that short stack get a girlfriend?", I hear the dead body next to us ask.

"Hold Up! Did you just call a Libero short!? As a Libero I refuse to hear a fellow Libero being made fun of for their height!", I say flabbergasted.

Both of them just stare at me with wide eyes.

"It's a good thing Libero's are average height, because it helps keep us lower to the ground so we can receive the ball so people like you can spike it!.", I add, "There will be no spiking in your future if you don't master your receives!"

By now I'm pretty sure the entire team is staring at me, but I really don't care. He insulted a Libero and I just can't stand for that.

I hear laughter from around us, and some 'oof Lev'.

"Now get up and keep receiving." I say with a sigh, turning back to Kuroo and Kenma.

I hear hear to tall boy get up with an exaggerated sigh.

I sit back down on the bench watching the boys practice.

"So what do ya think?", asks my grandfather plopping down next to me.

"Their not terrible, but not amazing either. Their setter is super smart and their Libero is great but the captain is cocky and that tall boy has no talent for receiving or any other volleyball concept besides spiking, and even that could use improvement.", I say with a sigh, picking up a volleyball and spinning it in my hands.

"Why don't you go out and practice with them?", asks Nekomata.

"Naahh. That takes work that I don't want to do.", I say scrunching up my nose.

Nekomata just rolls his eyes but I can see him suppress his smile.

I hear Kuroo shout that practice is over.

"I'll clean up.", I say, standing up with a sigh.

The boys thank me one by one as they walk out. Maybe being an assistant coach for them won't be too bad.

Author's Note: Comment on what you think of this chapter and if I should include any ships. I could use some feedback.