xiv | i don't know what to call this, there's so much going on lmao but enjoy

- Ushijima's point of view -

"Y.n. will be joining us for lunch," I tell Tendō and Ōhira the break before lunch.

"Ooh, your lady friend?" Tendō emphasizes the word lady.

"Yes, my lady friend," I tell them. Ōhira chuckles and pats me on the back.

"I'm sure the others will be excited to meet her," he comforts me.

"Thank you," I nod to him before looking in Y.n.'s direction.

There she is, completely mesmerizing as she talks to her friend. She rests her chin on her intertwined hands.

"Is she left-handed like you?" my best friend asks, and I nod.

"Wait, really? That's so cool!" he's ecstatic as usual. The origins of his energy is beyond me.

"Y.n-chan," he elongates 'chan', and I shake my head. Y.n. turns around and sees us, smiling cutely. She gives us a wave, to which Satori waves back enthusiastically. She resumes her chat with her friend before the bell rings, signaling an even closer time frame for lunch to make its arrival.

- - -

"We usually eat in the cafeteria," I tell Y.n. as we follow our classmates after the lunch bell has rung. She's told her friend to pass on the message that she won't be sitting with them at lunch. Her friend nods and understands, giving Y.n. faint hints of a playful smirk.

"I hope they'll be okay with me imposing on their lunch," she says considerately.

"It'll be okay," I reassure her, and she nods.

"Everyone, meet L.n. Y.n.," I tell my friends who are already sitting at the table.

"His lady friend," Tendō adds on, to which Ōhira smacks him. Y.n. chuckles and clears her throat.

"Hello, I'm L.n. Y.n., and it's a pleasure to meet you," she does a small bow.

"So cute," I smile in my head.

"Hi L.n.-san, Ushijima has never told us about you," Yamagata wags his brows.

"There's no need for Ushijima to mention her in our conversations," Ōhira reasons.

"Right," Yamagata stretches the word, and I pitch in.

"We're going to get lunch, we'll be right back," I tell my team, and usher Y.n. to the line of students awaiting their own food. Behind us, I hear my friends snicker, and I just know Tendō explaining the details of my lady friend with the rest of the table.

Y.n. and I wait in line and talk about the classes we just had. She stands in front of me, leaning against the wall whenever the line isn't moving. She chuckles when I mention a classmate's actions, and it's like I'm ascending. Her giggle and the way her eyes crinkle from happiness: absolutely priceless.

Lunch continues like this: my friends making jokes and getting to know Y.n., her smile, and me being in awe. It's cliche, but that's how I'm honestly feeling. When lunch ends too soon, we walk together to our classroom behind my friends, us being in our own little bubble.

"How am I so lucky?" I wonder to myself.

- Y.n.'s point of view -

While in line for our lunch, I sense people's eyes on me. I looked around the cafeteria, trying to find anyone.

Unfortunately, I do.