Harper

Harper did her eye makeup like Avril Lavigne's, smelled like peaches and cream, adored close up magic tricks, was once arrested for shoplifting, and was studying botany.
Harper's favorite word was "moot", her mother managed one of the most notable dental practices in SoCal, she owned too many sets of lingerie for a twenty year old, and her favorite Disney movie was The Princess And The Frog.
Harper had an Angelina Jolie like mole near her eyebrow, her estranged father ran an illegal pyramid scheme selling some sort of wrinkle free skin cream, and she had two abortions performed on her.
Harper's favorite books were the Hunger Games, she didn't know how to blow up a balloon, she had eyes shaped like an almond, she was so skinny that you could see her ribcage through her skin, and she was a pathological liar.
Haruka was Harper's distant cousin, they hated each other to the bone.
They swapped condescending remarks, passive aggressive snipes, patronizing comments, and backhanded compliments.
Harper drank too much whiskey, always played dirty, and actually enjoyed the "film" Fifty Shades of Gray.
Harper had too much sex, never cleaned up after herself, and was startlingly rude.
She was made of bad habits, horrible decisions, and self destructiveness.
She was creature of impulsiveness, recklessness, ugly feelings, and denied imperfection.
But I found her attractive.
There was beauty in her sharp edges, cut jaw, and blurry lines.
She was enticing and appealing and dangerously seductive.
If Haruka found out, I'd be thrown out of the apartment for sure.
I made sure the door was locked, the curtains drawn, our noises muffled, but I was still paranoid she'd walk in, catch a glimpse, overhear.
We emerged from by bedroom, hair ruffled and skin tainted. My other roommate sat at the counter, scooping frozen yogurt into her mouth and peering at us with knowing eyes.
Harper flipped her off as she shoved her Doc Martens on her feet and stomped out the door.
Sighing, I sat down next to my roommate with a dopey smile and eased muscles.
Haruka complained about Harper almost every day, her mother was forcing her to interact with her cousin while she was in the area and Haruka despised it wholeheartedly.
I, decidedly, didn't mind.
Harper played the electric guitar, knew a lot about plants, was suspiciously good with knots, and had "If You Don't Live For Something, You'll Die For Nothing" tattoed on her shoulder blade.
Harper insisted she was a pirate in her past life, had a pet canary named Jack, slept on the left side of the bed, and her favorite dessert was peach cobbler.
Harper was in love with Halloween, was thinking of getting a breast enlargement surgery, got tested for STDs twice a month, and was devoutly Catholic because she was determined to be a walking contradiction.
Harper had a tattoo of a butterfly on her hip, got work done on her nose, I was the only one she lost a street race to, and she thoroughly enjoyed arguing conspiracy theories online.
She was a one-time thing, a short fling that I secretly hoped could become more.