Chap 2. [Realization]

Atsushi followed along behind Akutagawa and Chuuya. They had made it up the stairwell, and were now walking along a long corridor. There were lights scattered along the top of the ceiling. It gave off a scary, dim aura.

There were cells along the sides of he corridor. Some were stained with deep red blood. Screams were heard coming out of one of the cells, and Atsushi jumped.

"W-What's going on?"
Atsushi said nervously.

"Dont worry about it, people put in these cells often did countless of crimes that deserve being tortured."
Chuuya stated, not looking back.

     "Murder without good reason, extortion, rape..."
Chuuya continued speaking as the screams were still heard.

     "Most importantly,"
Chuuya stopped walking, and glanced behind him.

     "Betrayal of the Port Mafia."
That last sentence sent shivers down Atsushis spine.

     Akutagawa glared at Atsushi, still annoyed that he couldn't fight him.  No matter how much he wanted to, he can't just disrespect the executives orders without some sort of punishment.

     They were finally reaching the end of the corridor, and the light was getting brighter and brighter.  The cold dim light was replaced with bright warm light, and they reached a door.  Chuuya pulled out some sort of key, then went up to the lock.

     "..wait a minute,"
Chuuya said, looking back at Atsushi.

     Atsushi felt a pit in his stomach.  Walking over to Atsushi slowly, Chuuya grabbed his wrists.

     "It needs to look as if your an actual hostage."

     With one hand holding the key and his other holding Atsushi, he slowly unlocked the small wooden door.

     The room that they walked into was relatively empty, and they were still in the basement of the building.  There were long expensive couches all around, along with some fancy coffee tables.  There were some windows at the top of the room, and it was obvious that it was the early afternoon based on the sunlight.

     Their destination was not this room though.  Chuuya- being the drunk he is -was leading the small group to one of the Port Mafias own bars.

     They passed some guards, and Atsushi looked straight ahead at Chuuya holding his wrists as they passed.  Making eye contact wouldn't do much good in a situation like this anyway.  They were all silent until they reached a carved wooden door at the end of the room.

     Actually, there were multiple doors that led to all different places in the headquarters.  This space that they were in, was kind of like a train station for the Port Mafia.

     Opening the door, the smell of grape wine and heavy liquor filled Atsushis senses.  Since he was using his tiger ability to heal himself, his other senses had been heightened.

     It was a very small bar, with only 5 seats in total.  In the back of the bar table stood a tall women which Atsushi didn't recognize.  Chuuya let go of him quickly, and then pointined towards the bar seats. 

     Atsushi found it strange why the woman wasn't questioning why he wasn't being restrained, but he decided just to go with it.  Slowly, Chuuya sat down.

     Atsushi sat next to him, and Akutagawa followed.  Shivering, Atsushi didn't like the idea of the black haired man sitting right next to him. He felt eyes glare at him like daggers, and he really hoped that Akutagawa wasn't going to try anything.