Chapter 13- Jackson

Everything I ever knew about my relatives and family has now fallen apart into thousands of pieces. I who thought that most of my family have been unsuccessful soldiers, okay not everyone has been a failure but most. Others have helped at the front, cleaners or other bad professionals. But I never thought so. That my family has been highly placed in the government that governs our country. But I have not actually heard much about my family.

I look up the book on the first page and try to be as careful as I can while reading:

The Jackson family has been a successful family that has little power anywhere in the world. They also have a lot of land with many different types of housing.

The family name goes way back in time to a man named Jack and he who then had a son. And then the name became Jackson. Jack son Even was engaged to the then Crown Princess Blear VI. But the couple broke up when it turned out that Even was part of a hunting team that hunted illegally. Even received a punishment that was that he would work as a boy on a merchant ship for four years. It was also there in one of the countries he visited that he met his wife with whom he had two sons and a daughter.

I can't read more, because if all this is true, I may have been royal. But then I had never met any of my new friends. Friends, wonder if you can call them that. More acquaintances that I work with and have worked with. I jump to the back of the book to the last pages.

Sebastian and Lillian Jackson are now expecting their third child. This child is said to change a lot and will have an experience in his life. This child is like pure magic. For the child survived in a strange way when Lillian was severely injured and suffered from an almost incurable disease. They are now waiting to receive an answer as to whether their children will get the same incurable disease.

The couple has since before two sons with the names Marcus and Eric ....

The book goes to the floor with a thump and the dust flies around. I cover my stomach and mouth and try to suffocate a nice one. I'm just sick of thinking about this right now. It feels like I'm going to faint, I feel too much at once.

That night I could not sleep that much so I got ready early. I put on a gray dress that looks a bit worn and a black belt. Even a pair of black shoes and then I just sit there on the bed. Looking out into the empty air towards the door and just waiting for Amelia to come. Finally, she comes with an everyday grin on her lips. But she stops when she sees me sitting there on my bed. She looks almost surprised, no scared. But her grimace returns as quickly as it disappeared. She exhales before she starts talking.

"Come on Jackson, we'll bring some fruit to the kitchen before we prepare the first lessons for the little ones," she says.

"We have to speed up" says Amelia in a slightly milder voice and I see that the grimace becomes less clear on her face.

I nod in response and follow her out of my room. Through the corridors that look the same if you do not look at all the related paintings and various other things that decorate the walls and floors. But you feel the smell when you start approaching the kitchen. That's when it starts to smell like freshly baked bread and other delicacies. And yes I'm talking about food and nothing else.

If you say so, the kitchen is bigger than our entire home at home in our ruined city. And there are more people in here than there can be room for people in our house. Everyone walks around in an organized mess. You move with your arms if you want something, you help someone take something down if someone needs help with it and so on. Amelia goes through all the work and then arrives at a door with a metal handle.

"This is the path we will take out of the kitchen if you are going to pick something up here and then go back. But today we take this path, take the basket of fruit that is out in the garden somewhere and then we go to the room we are going to have a lesson in "says Amelia and pushes down the handle.