Unexpected

Steve Rodgers pov

We have surrounded the alleyway the woman was last seen entering. Me coming from one side, Nat from the other, Clint on the roof and Tony in the air. I am slowly closing in when a group of girls walk up to me. They are all giggling and laughing with each other. I look at them slightly confused before one of them pushes another forward and she stumbles towards me.

Girl 1 "u-um h-hey ummm we were just wondering" she says motioning back to the other girls who have slowly made their way forwards. "If umm well um maybe we could get a picture with you?"

You "um I'm afraid now's not actually the best time" I said hurriedly

Girl 2 "oh come on please it's just one picture we'll be really quick"

The girls all start getting their phones out and try to shove them in my face. I look up, trying to get away from them, when I spot a figure watching us from the alley. Her eyes widen as I look straight at her and then she begins sprinting.

You "I have eyes on the target" I shout through the communication system Tony gave us before we left.

"Where?" I hear Nat reply

You "Heading straight towards you. Wearing a black hoodie and black trousers. No weapon visible at the moment"

I chase after the woman going as quick as I can. Damn she's fast I think. No-one has ever been able to keep up with me before but she seems to be able to keep a large gap between us. I knew she was a highly skilled assassin but I wasn't sure she whether was a super soldier or not. I guess this answered my question.

y/n's pov

My legs scream beneath me as each thud of my foot on the floor causes searing pain all the way up the left side of my body but my will to not go back to HYDRA drives me on. The operative behind me is fast. Really fast. HYDRA must have tested on him too. I pull the black scarf I had around my neck up as a mask to conceal my face as much as possible. I am managing to equal his speed at the moment but I know I can't keep it up for long. If I can't outrun him I'll just have to outsmart him.

As i round the corner I'm met with a foot swinging straight at my face. I manage to bend backwards before it crosses over my body however not really thinking and wincing as I feel the bullet deepen in my side. Before I can even regain my thoughts there is a fist headed towards my face again. I grab the hand and twist it slightly before stumbling away and actually getting a good view of my attacker.

There stands a woman in a black suit that fits her tightly with a range of knives and guns strapped all over her body. She has shockingly red hair that is cut short at her shoulders and eyes that stare at you emotionlessly. The other operative rounds the corner and I know they are working together.

All of a sudden I feel something behind me and turn around swiftly, catching the arrow that would have pinned me to the ground. You look up spotting another operative perched on a roof a few buildings away.

The super soldier "You need to come with us"

You "No" I said firmly, trying desperately to hide the terror in my voice.

Another voice "Yeah, no isn't an option but nice try" says a voice from above me

My head snaps up to see another man wearing an all metal suit and holding his glowing hand out towards me from which I can only assume is a weapon. He lands behind me so I am now surrounded by all of them.

Metal man "Now we can do this the easy eay or we can do this the hard way" he said reaching his other hand out towards me.

"DON'T TOUCH ME" I screamed sending a wave of energy out of myself and knocking everyone down.

Super soldier "umm Tony I thought you said she didn't have powers"

The one who he called Tony replied, gritting his teeth "Well that's clearly not true, F.R.I.D.A.Y send in the emergency power cuffs"

F.R.I.D.A.Y "On it sir"

I blinked slowly as everyone got back on their feet, my vision going in and out of focus. I felt weak.

I turned to face the metal man as he spoke

Tony "So that was unexpected" he jestered

My face remained unchanging at his joking tone. I sensed someone coming up behind me and turned swiftly punching the super soldier in the ribs before the woman began her attack on me again. The metal man, Tony, tried shooting at me with his hand but I managed to create a forcefield blocking the attacks. Kicks and punches were being thrown all over the place however I kept beating them

Super soldier "I don't think this is working" he huffed

Tony "I know it isn't" he replied smugly. "I just needed long enough for these to arrive" he said smirking

My brows knitted and I swivelled as I felt something nearing me but I wasn't quick enough. Something heavy clamped around both of my wrists and I felt the power drain out of me.

Tony "Not so powerful now huh"

I felt a sharp prick in my shoulder and looked over to see a dart inserted in. I pulled it out wearily but it had already began taking effect. With the loss of power, the weakening from my wound and the drug from the dart I began to sway and my eyelids became heavy.

You "I-I'm sorry" I managed to sputter out before the world turned sideways and I blacked out.

I had been caught.

I was going back to HYDRA

END OF CHAPTER

OK SO I JUST REALISED THAT I HAD KEPT ON SAYING JARVIS IN THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS WHEN JARVIS ACTUALLY BECAME VISION AND F.R.I.D.A.Y REPLACED HIM SO I AM SO SORRY PLEASE JUST IGNORE THAT AND I AM GOING TO CONTINUE WITH F.R.I.D.A.Y

I HOPE YOU ARE OK

LOTS OF LOVE