Rage

y/n's pov

I stare at my reflection.

I have never seen myself before, or at least not properly.
Of course I'd seen my reflection in a mirror or window on a mission but I'd like never stopped to look.

I looked... cold.

All the people I had been around had plush cheeks and full bodies.
I looked emptier. My cheeks were hollower and my skin was dull. I didn't understand why I didn't look like them. Why didn't I look normal? Was it because I'm not like them? Was it because of what I'd done?
I turn away from the mirror.

Wanda had told me her name and then given me some clothes and put me in a seperate room to change.

It was strange. I eyed the pile of clothes.
I'd never worn anything except for my suit. There was never any need unless the suit needed fixing or upgrading and then I was just left naked in my cell.

Maybe they were just making me change so I'd be more vulnerable out of my suit, but then why would they let me out the cage? They could have easily killed me then. Maybe they want to test on me. That makes sense.

Get me out of my gear and then catch me off guard. Well I won't fall for it.

I know that I can't escape them all by strength so I'll have to be smart. I'll play along with their little game until I see an opportunity to escape.

I open the door and come face to face with Wanda. She looks anxious.

Wanda "You didn't want to change?"

I glance at the clothes in my hand "No thanks"

I reach out to give them to her but pull back quickly as her hand touches mine.

I can feel her eyes on me but I don't look up. I stay stood in the threshold as she puts the clothes back into the closet.

Wanda "It's late, you should get some sleep, you need to rest"

We make eye contact as she walks to the door. Nodding her head slightly she shuts it and leaves me alone in the room.

I stay still. Not daring to move.

After a few minutes of complete silence I take a step forward into the room.
It's big but not ginormous. There is a double bed in the centre with bedside tables either side. The walls are a grey colour except for one which is completely made out of glass and looks out onto the city. The room which I just came from appears to be a bathroom with white tiles and a big glass shower. I spot another door and cautiously approach it. It's a small room lined with shelves and filled with clothes and shoes and accessories.
My face remains unchanging. There must be millions of dollars in this room and yet people are starving everyday. I was starving everyday. I prayed for the day that someone would come save me but they were all here just living a life of luxury.
So I saved myself, but now they intend to shove it in my face.

I feel the anger boil inside me and energy start to rush through my body.

I get a tingling sensation in my hands and I storm out of the wardrobe.
I am desperately trying to calm down but it's no use.
Flames bursts from my fingertips and I jump back in terror but the fire follows me. I shake my hands, trying to put them out but the flames continue to lick at my fingers.

I cry out not knowing what to do and hold my hands in front of me. More fire bursts from the palms of my hands and my breaths become laboured.

I can't hold up the facade anymore. There's been too many feelings in too little time and I don't understand it. I let the tears flow down my face.