Wakanda

y/n's pov

My body naturally wakes up with the feel of the jet lowering to land.
Everyone else is already awake but they are no longer looking at me.

There is a clunk as the wheels hit the ground and people start to unclip themselves and get ready. I go to get up but Steve puts his hand infront of me.

Steve "maybe it would be best if you waited here for a minute"

Steve said it so nicely but it still hurt. I guess I still wouldn't trust me either.

I gave him a nod and sat back down.

The rest of the Avengers exited the jet and stepped out into the beating sun.

I try and peer out the small circular window opposite my seat and I spot a lush green forest. Hydra always wished they could infiltrate Wakanda but it was too difficult for them. It was one of the places even I couldn't touch.
I swivel round in my seat and look out the similar window behind me. There are lots of beautiful buildings and I can see the cliffs hugging the outside of the city in the distance.
It's the most stunning place I've ever seen.

A pain shoots through my head and yet again that voice drips into my thoughts.

"солдат" *soldier*

You "oh fuck off"

"that's no way to talk to your superiors soldier"

You "oh please I could crush you in a second now get out of my head!"

My voice builds in anger and volume.

"идти домой" *come home*

"come home 007"

You "YOU DON'T CONTROL ME ANYMORE" I shout and I grab my head and squeeze the sides.

The voice stops and I drop my hands and glance upwards.

There stands Bucky, Steve, Sam and two other people I don't know.

Sam "Told you she was weird"

You "Says the pigeon"

Bucky snickers.

Sam "So she's developed humour now huh? And as a matter of fact I'm The Falcon which is a greatly intimidating and predatory bird"

You "Whatever you say blue tit"

Steve chuckles too.

Steve "This is Shuri and T'Challa and they are going to try and help you with...everything"

I nod my head at them "It's an honour to meet you"

Shuri "You too I've heard so much about you!"

Shuri reaches out to shake my hand and I take a step back.

You "Sorry- I uh"

Shuri "It's perfectly fine don't worry about it I can't wait to get to know you more"

I can't help the small smile that spreads over my cheeks. I turn my attention to T'Challa. I don't know how to act I mean he's literally the king.

I nod awkwardly at him "Your majesty"

He nods back with a grin that immediately calms my heart rate.

T'Challa "Please, call me T'Challa"

Bucky "They helped me change from the Winter Soldier into the White Wolf. They brought my memories back and made it possible for me to live a life again. They can do the same for you."

As tempting as that sounds I don't trust them enough. I'm mainly scared. I hadn't thought about what I would do once my powers were removed. I just figured they would throw me in jail. Could I really live a normal life?

You "We're just here to get the stones out of me. I don't need anymore of your help"

I recognise the looks of pity immediately and it makes me sick. I don't need their help and I don't need them pitying me. I'm a killer. They should lock me up and rip the stones out of me.

Shuri "I'm all set up for the procedure whenever you're ready but feel free to take some time to settle-"

You "I'm ready"

Yet again more concerned looks.

Bucky "Y/n are su-"

I repeat it more sternly now "I'm ready"

There's a moments silence.

T'Challa "If you'd like to follow me inside" he says as he opens out one arm and leads me outside.

Wakanda is the most beautiful place I've ever seen.
Everything is perfect and vibrant and truly wonderful.

Warrior women surround me as I'm lead into a large building and we head up a grand staircase.

I can't keep my mouth shut as I gawk at the sights before me. I wish I could explore every part and stay here forever but I know that we're only staying here for a day or two.

The advanced nature of the entire place makes my brain whirr and I can't help but attempt to decipher the science and mechanics behind everything.

We reach a lab with high tech equiptment all around and Shuri beams from ear to ear showing off all her work.

I walk up to the humongous window and gaze in awe at the beauty of the raw vibranium.
I feel a presence behind me and turn on my heels.
Bucky is looking at me including everyone else in the room.

I stare up at him.

You "Right, yes. Let's do this"

Shuri "First off I just need to complete a full body scan. Please lie on the table and I can get started"

I do as she says and shuffle a little before settling down.

Shuri "Try and stay as still as possible"

The table is cold beneath me but I manage to remain perfectly still as the I stare at the ceiling.

A bright machine passes over me and all of a sudden it's over. The technology here blows my mind.

Shuri taps on a holographic screen beside me and I turn my head to her.

Shuri "I'm going to need a few minutes to study this but no longer than half an hour"

She smiles and nods at me as she hurries out the room, still tapping and swiping at the screen.

An uncomfortable silence washes over the room.

I stare to the side and out the window again, trying desperately not to start a conversation.
It doesn't work.

Steve "How do you feel?"

Sam "Hungry thanks for asking"

Steve glares at him.

You "I'm fine" I give him a tiny smile "Thanks"

Before anymore questions can be raised Shuri walks back in.

Tony "Wow that was fast"

Shuri "It seems as though each of the stone's previous power is distributed through cores throughout your body. The mind stone in your brain, reality in your throat, soul at your heart, time at lungs, space in your stomach and power lower abdomen. Their placement isn't unlike that of chakras. It seems as though I'm going to have to remove each power separately"

You "Can you do it?"

Shuri "If I can't, no one can"

END

i am so sorry for the long wait and how terrible this chapter was.

i am still writing this story and have a whole big immaculate plan for it in my notes but just haven't had any time to write

Thank you so much to anyone who is still reading this

happy new year

stay safe