VI

AN: The picture 😩😩😩 

Out there doing god's work 

***

Evelyn's P.O.V

"It's only been a day, and I already want to kill McGonagall," Daphne complains as we all sit near the edge of the Black Lake. Our uniforms off as we gather up to relax after classes, the two days we've been at school already getting to be too much.

"You think we can kick McGonagall or something while she's in cat form?" she asks, sitting upright.

"Daphne!" I yell as I lift my head off of Theo's chest, "that's animal abuse, you dumbass. Just do it when she's not looking or something." Laying back down, I hear Theo let out a low chuckle, his body moving up and down under me.

"You've been quiet Blaise .... and may I say, Gaby," I peer up to see Daphne with a mischievous grin on her face, looking at the two teenagers sitting further away from the group.

"A bit too quiet, no?" I join in, getting up from Theo's chest once again, making him groan.

"Come back bitch! I need my cuddle buddy."

"Fucking fine, you needy ass hoe," I joke as I lay back on him, his arms going around me, holding me close to his body.

"You know you love me."

"Yea, keep telling yourself that," I say as I roll my eyes, making his hold on my body only grow tighter.

"Anyways," Daphne says as she clears her throat, " Eve and I need to talk to Gaby." Sitting up, she looks at me, her eyes hinting at what we were about to do.

"Yea," I say, getting up myself, leaving the now whining Theo, "we need help on the Herbology homework."

"Y-yup, now come on," and with that, Daphne pulls Gaby up, dragging her back to the castle as she calls my name, shouting for me to come along.

"Yea, yea, bye bitches!" I yell as I blow a kiss to Theo and Blaise, running to catch up with Gaby and Daphne.

"This isn't about Herbology homework, is it?" Gaby asks, looking between Daphne and me with a guilty look forming on her face.

"No, no, really needed you to explain a fucking plant to me!" Daphne yells at Gaby as she hits her with her hand. "Of course, it's not about a bloody plant. How dare you not tell your best friends about whatever you have with zucchini over there!"

"Yea, how dare you! I could have died today not knowing all the details, the disgrace you bring," I add with an accent as I move my hand to my head.

"Yea, yea, I get it, I'm horrible," Gaby says with the same playful accent.

"Do you not trust us?" Daphne asks with a pouty face while I stare at her, knowing exactly what she's doing.

"Yea, do you not trust us?" I join in as I put up my own pouting face, pretending to have tears drip out of my eyes.

"Are we that bad?" Daphne continues as she holds on to me, hugging me as we both let out fake sobs.

"Fine, I'll tell you, now stop embarrassing me," Gaby quickly interrupts, covering up her face to show how embarrassed she truly felt.

"Well, what can I say? You know two amazing actors," and with that, Daphne and I pull away, pretending to wipe away tears and bow for an audience.

"Manipulate little skanks," Gaby jokes as we pull her into a hug.

"It worked, didn't it?" Daphne says, rubbing Gaby's arm up and down.

"Yea, yea, less chitter-chatter. I need to hear what happened before I ask Blaise myself," I interrupt as I pull them through the various hallways.

As we make it to the Slytherin Common Room, I hear the annoying voice of a blonde boy enter my ears.

"Well, if it isn't the slutterpuff girls," he says, leaning against one of the couches, a smirk on his face, obviously proud of himself for creating the new insult.

"And if it isn't the boy who cried daddy," I shout back as we head up the stairs.

"Blood-traitor!"

"Real original with that one white boy. What are you going to do for us next, turn into a ferret?" Sarcasm lacing my throat as I open the door to my dorm, Gaby and Daphne silently watching us fight.

"You know what? Fuck you, Evelyn!"

"You want to fuck me now? Malfoy, sorry to break it to you, but my standards didn't suddenly drop today, but your balls might have!" The shocked look on his face is the last thing I see before I slam the door shut.

Turning away from the door, I see my friends sitting on my bed, wide-eyed.

"Oh, like we haven't fought before," I say, annoyed as I let out a huff, collapsing on the bed.

"That was awesome," Daphne says, letting out a little laugh.

"Yea, you should have seen the look on his face. Homeboy did not see that coming," Gaby agrees.

"Gaby, what the fuck is homeboy?" I ask, confused by the muggle phrases my best friend uses. "Anyways, never mind that, let's cut the chit-chat and start with the juicy shit."

"Yea, Gaby, want to explain to your wonderful friends why you're getting so lovey-dovey with Blaise?" Daphne asks, wiggling her eyebrows making me let out a quick chuckle.

"Oh, so now we're just gonna ignore what happened between Draco and Eve," Gaby quickly responds, clearly trying to change the topic.

"Don't even start with that piece of shit. Besides, you won't ever see me getting cozy with Malfoy. Now, stop fucking around and tell us."

Me and Draco.

Like that's ever going to happen, I'd rather pitch myself off the astronomy tower.

I shake myself out of my horrible thoughts, focusing back on whatever was happening in front of me.

"Seriously, Gab cut the bullshit. It's been two days, and we've kept quiet just come clean." Daphne says as she dramatically falls back on the bed, the mattress moving up and down from her actions.

"There isn't much to talk about, we've been in the same friend group forever, and we got talking over the summer. I don't know how else to explain it," Gaby finishes, snuggling into my side as I sit there, rubbing her back.

"Yea, but why the sudden interest?" I ask, still not sure how to feel about all this.

"I don't know, we were talking over the summer like we usually do, and then one day he asks me out on a date."

I listen closely as my best friend explains her date, her eyes lighting up each time she shares another exciting moment.

So we sit there all night, talking, laughing, snuggled up in one another. No one brought up the lockets hanging on each of their necks or the pink troll walking around their school.

It all seemed normal.

For one night, they were all just ordinary teens.

Well, as ordinary as witches can get.