VII

Evelyn's P.O.V

"We're going to have to run!"

"Run? We're going to get soaked!"

"Isn't that the fun of it?"

I look up at him and smile, his beautiful eyes glistening in the rain as moonlight shines through the clouds.

"Well, I guess it is, isn't it?" With that, he intertwines our hands, holding on to me as we start sprinting. Rain falling on us, our hair dripping as our clothes weigh us down. The street lights flickering in the muggle city as he suddenly stops, pulling me towards himself, the rain still falling heavily on us. I stand there in shock, looking up at him as his pearly whites smile down at me. 

"Are you crazy!" I laugh, lightly hitting his chest, " we're getting soaked, come on," I finish as I grab his hand again, turning around, getting ready to run, only to get pulled right back.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Come on; it's not funny. Plus, you're going to catch a cold."

"I'll be fine. No need to worry about me, darling."

"Stop playing, let's g-"

"Dance with me!" He interrupts. My eyes go wide as I stare at him, not sure what to say.

"What?" I finally choke up.

"Dance with me!" He commands, pulling me back to his chest.

"You do know it's pouring, and we're already getting drenched, right?"

"Exactly! So might as well."

I laugh at his childish behavior and finally bow, receiving one back. Putting my hand in his, we glide across the lit-up alleyway. His other hand tightly holding my waist, guiding me through each twist and turn, my body squirming each time he picks me up.

"It feels like we're missing something," he randomly points out, slowing us down to slow dance.

"Like what? An umbrella," I joke, wiggling my eyebrows, causing him to let out a low chuckle.

"Well, yes," he pauses, trying to refrain himself from laughing, "but I was thinking of something else."

With that, he pulls out his wand, casting spells in the air. Instantly, my ears fill with a soft tune, the music moving from ear to ear, bringing a soft smile to my face.

"You really outdid yourself this time," I grin as I fix his collar.

"Well, anything for you," and with that, he plants a delicate kiss on my hand.

We continue standing there as the song ends, looking deep into each other's eyes.

"I really want to kiss you right now," he whispers raspily in my ear, his breath getting heavier.

"Then do it," I mouth back.

The rain crashes down on us as he pulls me in. Our lips melting into one as he pulls me closer.

"Jump."

"What?"

"Jump," his voice more commanding than before.

I take a leap, eyes closed tightly shut as I feel his strong hands take hold of my body. His lips returning to mine, deepening the kiss with each second. The rain that was once falling on us, now forgotten, the high and euphoria taking over our bodies, our souls.

"You know you're perfect, Gaby," he weakly points out as we pull apart, trying to catch our breaths.

***

"And that's when he does the sweetest thing," Gaby adds, "after we end the kiss, he rests his head on mine."

"Ehhhhh!" Daphne and I both scream in excitement as we lay on the bed. Our feet propped up on the walls as Gaby shares all the details about her date with Blaise. The sunlight peeking through the curtains, our eyes filled with sleep as we listen intensely to what our best friend was saying, my alarm clock on the other side of the room ready to go off at any second.

"You guys are meant to be for each other," I say, letting out a huff as I reach over to grab a pillow, putting it right under my head.

"But like seriously, that's the cutest thing I've ever heard," Daphne adds while trying to grab the pillow from under my head.

"Give. Me. Some. Of. The. Pillow." she says, grunting as she fights me for it.

"Get the one over there," I respond, my voice breathy as I try to grab the pillow back.

"But it's all the way over there," she points, my head turning as I look at the chair across the room holding the only other pillow in the room.

"You lazy ass bitch just go and grab it."

"No, just be kind and share."

"Fine," I say, letting out a huff, "but we're sharing." I move the pillow to the side as Daphne lays her head down on half it while I glare at her.

"What?" She asks, confused as to why I'm drilling holes to the side of her head with my stare.

"This," I say, pointing to her head on the whole pillow, "does not look like half. I said half, now get off," and with that, I push her head off, positioning myself on the pillow, still leaving space for her.

"Jeez, fine, I get it," she finally says, cautiously moving her head back to one side.

I put on a sarcastic smile as I turn my head back to Gaby. Her body turned around as it slowly moves up and down, her head sitting on her lap.

"Yo, Gaby, you good?" I ask, quickly getting up. Moving across the bed, I rush to her side, worried for the safety of my best friend. I try lifting her head, but as I do, I start hearing a noise.

Laying on my bed sits a perfectly healthy Gaby, trying her hardest not to laugh, finally toppling over herself as she starts hollering, her body moving in every which way.

"I fucking hate you," I huff angrily, hitting her shoulder as I move back to where I was sitting. Daphne and Gaby now both laughing at me while I roll my eyes.

"it's not funny," I say, trying to defend myself, "Be grateful you have a friend who cares about you."

"Yea, ye-" Daphne tries to say before returning to her fit of laughter. I wait for them until they finally stop, continuing to glare at them as they straighten themselves out.

Letting out a cough, Gaby begins to talk about the letters she and Blaise sent during the summer. Trying her best to explain each one by memory, going on about how he swept her off her feet.

"Wait Gabs," I interrupt her, my two friends now looking at me. "Have you tried opening up your locket," and with that, I reach over, holding her necklace in my hand.

"No," she responds, confused, "why?"

"Well," I begin, the gears in my brain moving together, "Don't you wonder what song you have? I mean, whoever has that song is going to be your soulmate."

Silence fills the room until Gaby anxiously takes the locket from my hands. Letting out a deep breath as she begins to open it. The world seems to stop moving as the music starts to fill our ears.

AN: So I'm changing the plot of the story a bit, but I fucking love this new idea. It's the same concept but it just makes it so much better in my opinion. 

Also what song do you think Gaby's locket played?