Chapter Five

⚠️T.W⚠️: I added Toby's voice claim thingy by David Near, and it contains the r slur. Just a quick minor warning, in case anybody is triggered by that!

Toby's P.O.V.

I stayed silent, watching the figure. Mindlessly wandering towards the slipper, as if there was some form of magnetic pull. Tch, how stupid. I was situated on the branch of a beech tree, around two metres off the ground. My eyes were bloodshot and stung. Probably from not blinking. I stared through my amber tinted goggles, the world around me coated in saturated hues.

I watched as they moved.

One step.

Tic.

Another step.

Tic.

Damn Tourette's. . . they'd better not give me away. My train of thought was then redirected to the person, suspense growing. I watched as they crouched down to look at the slipper.

Reader's P.O.V.

I felt weak in the knees, somewhat sickened. Despite the size of the item, it produced a surprisingly putrid stench. It was like how you'd imagine the smell of rotting flesh, combined with a sweet tinge of iron.

My eyes began to water.

Were they tears, or from the smell?

Before anything else could be pondered, I was interrupted by a snap. Should I turn around and check it out? Isn't that the part when the character gets whacked around the head with a baseball bat or a crowbar? It's fight or flight now. I slowly turned my head, now facing the panel of trees. That's when I saw the cause.

I was now staring at a boy. . .person. . .I don't know, around 5'7. A mouth guard concealed his face, a pair of goggles hiding his eyes. I grew increasingly panicked, the more I saw. The blood splatters on his jeans. The two axes hanging by his side, from what looked like some form of toolbelt. What should I say? Do I run? I should have actually moved during PE, I probably can't run. . .it's going to be okay, just calm down, speak your mind. My hand slowly raised, right index finger pointing North-West.

"Hogwarts is that way, Voldemort."

. . .well fuck.