Chapter One

Y/N= Your Name
L/N= Last Name
H/C= Hair Colour
H/L= Hair Length
E/C= Eye Colour
F/C= Favourite Colour
F/S= Favourite Song

I looked over at the digital clock on my desk, vision slightly deteriorated.

6:42pm

Damn. My eyes adjusted to the dim red glow emitted from the clock, as I sighed to myself and looked back up at the ceiling. Then, it hit me. My parents had left for a few weeks. As realisation occurred, my eyes widened, lighting up with excitement. A grin spread across my face, as I rolled off the bed with a thump. Though I was inches away from faceplanting into the floor, the smile remained with the same amount of energy.

Within seconds, my head was filled with all of the things that I could do. After all, no parents = no rules . . . right? By the time I had regained the ability to stand up properly, I already had a mental list planned. I could blast music as loud as I want, I could even throw a party if I actually wanted to. I looked into the mirror at my (H/L) (H/C) hair, neatening it up slightly before heading downstairs.

Within minutes, all of the curtains were closed and I blasted (F/S) at full volume. I then glanced out at the quickly darkening sky, before looking at another clock situated in the kitchen.

7:15pm

How long had it taken to get off the floor?! I was slightly taken aback, before shrugging it off. After a while, I dragged myself to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, nodding my head to the beat of the music. It was at that moment when I remembered something that I was never allowed to do. Late night walks.

I scrambled upstairs and into my room, changing into a (F/C) hoodie and grabbing a pair of headphones. I then zoomed downstairs, missing a couple of steps and almost falling down- I didn't care. Freedom was near. The adventure was risky, as the eerie stillness of the night was only illuminated by a few streetlights containing a dim flicker.