The truth

She never told Adora how she felt. How could she? Things were good as it was, it didn't matter that she felt something every time they had sex, like she was someone worth validation and care.

It had been three months and they fell into an easy balance. Take photos, take videos, stream, and eat lunch. Normal stuff. Except for the fact that they also started having sex out side of streaming day. It felt like her and Adora were always together. Like... like a couple.

"Ugh!"

Adora looked up to face her, concerned. Were they in bed together on a Thursday? Yes. Was it concerning? Also, yes.

" What happened? Did I bite too hard?" She asked, her head coming up from where it was, in the crux of Catra's neck. Catra met eyes with Adora, blue eyes staring worryingly into her multi colored ones.

She shook her head, a reassuring smile on her face. "No, it was fine. It felt good." She said, bringing her hands up to pull Adora's neck down, trying to get Adora back on track, but she wouldn't budge. The blonde sat up, her hands resting on Catra's shoulders and her ass on Catra's hips.

Her brow was furrowed and her head was tilted. "Catra, what is wrong?" She would not let it go. Catra rolled her eyes, " Nothing, just keep going." She said, reaching her hands up and trying to get Adora back down. The blonde caught her wrists and held them tight.

"No! Tell me what's wrong!"

"It's nothing! There's nothing wrong! I don't know what you're talking about." Adora got off of Catra and let go of her, she shook her head furiously as she got off the bed. Catra furrowed her brows, unsure why Adora was acting like this.

Adora searched the room, finding her bra and pulling it on over her head. She struggled a bit, her shoulders and arms were still sweaty and it wouldn't go over them. Then, it finally went over and she sighed.

" Adora, wait. Where are you going?" Adora ignored her, put on her shirt, and went to find her shoes.

She got out of the bed and followed her, " Adora!" The blonde had a scowl on her face, blonde hair messy and not in her usual ponytail. She toed on her shoes and headed for the front door.

Catra grabbed her bicep before she could unlock the door and leave. Adora whipped her head around, looking from Catra's hand to her face. The brunette let go quickly, like she had been burned. " I'm going home, Catra." She said, quietly, her eyes looking somewhere on the floor.

" Why?" Catra asked, whispering. She knew what conversation was coming.

" Do you want to talk about it, or do you want to pretend like it didn't happen? Because honestly, I want to know why you haven't said anything about it." Adora was mad, she had the right to be. They had been beating around the bush for months now.

She didn't say anything, her guilty expression saying enough.

" Catra, look, I like you, okay? More than what this silly agreement is." She explained. Taking Catra's hands in hers and turning to face her. Catra shook her head, not wanting to hear what Adora had to say. It was too much. No.

" You're funny, and sexy, and I want to be with you. Like, with you. I want to be your girlfriend." She finally looked at Catra head on, her blue eyes watering and face splitting into a smile. Catra closed her eyes tightly, she didn't want to see her face.

"I can't, Adora." Catra had tears falling from her eyes, she opened them, her vision blurry. Adora's face fell.

"Why? I thought you liked me back, Catra? Am I.. Am I just here for money? Is that all I am to you?" She asked, trying to get more information. Her hands gripped tighter as she spoke, but Catra still couldn't look at her. She turned her head to the side, not wanting to see the hurt.