🍓🪴 i v y 🪴🍓

Minghao/Myungho/The8 ff

You walk into your dimmed apartment and closed the door. You let out an extended sigh, rub your forehead, and think about the long day you just had as you kick off your black heels. You went into your room to greet your little baby turtle, Strawberry, and you feed her. You gave her a tiny smile before going back into your living room and plopping onto the couch. You turn on your TV and lay your head back and rest your eyes.

Today was not like any other day. You work as an Art Buyer and you occasionally sell artwork on the side with your partner, Xu Minghao. He has been your partner ever since you were in high school and you both have been partners ever since. Today was filled with nothing but rude customers, stressed out managers, and disappointed workers. Usually, everything runs smoothly. The company you work for has a lot of customers, but they are manageable because they see what they want and then they buy it, or you're doing most of the buying to appeal the company's needs and satisfactions. However, today you had to deal with multiple snarky customers who claimed their art pieces they bought were forged, then your boss didn't give you the promotion that you have been working for, and on top of that, the gift that Minghao gave you years ago was lost. It was a small bracelet that you both always wore, to symbolize friendship, but you lost it in the midst of your crazy workday.

*buzz buzz*

You open your eyes and look down to see your phone lighting up. It was a text message. Thank goodness it was from Minghao and not anyone else because you wouldn't have answered.

Text Messages —

Minghao☘️:
hey my star :) how are you today?

You:
hey... it was not eventful. that was one of the toughest days I've ever had. Why did you convince me to stay??? 😐

Minghao☘️:
So you could stay with me 🥲

You:
I hate you 😠

Minghao☘️:
I know what might cheer you up. Let's go to our spot!! I'll pick you up in 20, and don't worry, I'll take care of the snacks and drinks. See ya

— Text Messages Over —

You and Minghao had a special spot that you would go to incase one of you needed to get away. It was like your escape area, where you both could be free and be true to oneself. The scenery was beautiful and you fell in love every time Minghao took you there. The grass was a perfect green, freshly cut, and it felt like a pillow every time you laid on the ground. It was surrounded by a bed of beautiful, fresh flowers of all kinds. Roses, dandelions, daisies, orchids, sunflowers, tulips, daffodils, and peonies. But your favorite flower was water lilies, and you loved sitting near the small pond, admiring the floating flowers. Sometimes there were baby ducks in the pond and you and Minghao would sit on the cool grass and watch the ducks swim.

As you were thinking about your spot, you couldn't wait to feel relaxed and feel like yourself again. You kept on your work clothes, but you took off all your makeup and let your hair down. You were interrupted by a small honk that came from outside. You check your window to see a cute Minghao waiting outside your apartment building. He saw you peeping out the window and waved at you, and gave you his cute cheeky smile. You couldn't help but smile back at him. You grabbed your phone and your speaker and walked out your apartment and towards his car.