Epilogue

"Thorin," Bofur called in the Throne room. Thorin sat on the throne with the Arkenstone above him. "There is a messenger from Rivendell." 

"Send him in," Thorin said as he looked to his left to see Fili standing next to the throne. 

"My lord, they request for you to meet them on top of Ravenhill," Bofur told him and Thorin's back stiffed and his shoulders dropped.

"Get the ponies ready," Thorin commanded and a couple of guards rushed away. Thorin, Fili and Bofur all began to walk towards the entrance of the mountain. "Bofur, did the messenger mention anything of the message?" 

"Nothing but that it was for you and urgent." 

"Then why did he not come to the mountain?" Fili asked as they left the gate. "It would have been much quicker." 

"Let's find out what news this messenger has to bring." There were three ponies ready and waiting for them at the gates to take them up to Ravenhill. It was winter, so the river on Ravenhill had frozen over once again. 

"It's been nearly 77 years to the day since the battle of five armies," Fili muttered as they now began the steep climb up the mountainside. 

"A lot has changed since then," Bofur spoke as the rode in single file.  

"Indeed a lot has changed. I am old now, Fili. It's time for me to step down. You are more than capable of running Erebor." Thorin told him. His grey hair lifting in the wind. His face had wrinkled around the eyes and forehead and his body frailer. "Time has not been kind to me," Thorin muttered as they finally reached the top. They made their way through the ruins and onto the river of ice before dismounting their ponies.

"Uncle," Fili spoke motioning to the cloaked figure standing over the frozen cliff edge. The figure stood motionless just looking out over the land below. The sun was rising above the horizon, bursting the sky into a multitude of colours before them. 

"Messenger of Rivendell. What is the message you bring?" Fili asked loudly. But there was no answer.

"Speak if your message is so urgent!" Thorin called out in his aged voice.

"77 years since I last stood here." The figure spoke in a feminine voice. "Things have changed so much." 

"Uncle, that voice," Fili whispered.

"The one ring has been found. A fellowship of nine has been created with one objective. To destroy the ring. A man by the name of Boromir and another by the name of Aragorn, an Elf by the name of Legolas, A dwarves names Gimli, and a wizard called Gandalf." The figure spoke softly in the wind. "And four hobbits. One of them is Bilbo Baggins's nephew, Frodo Baggins." 

"Bilbo? Is he still alive?" Bofur asked with glee.

"Yes, but he will sail with the elves soon." The figure said. "But I have come to deliver a warning. Armies of orcs are once again heading to Erebor in hopes of conquering it. Not only am I delivering this message to warn you of the orcs. But I am here to help." 

"Forgive me, but don't even know who you are!" Thorin began, "So how can we trust a stranger to help us protect our home?"

"You do know me. We have fought side by side before." The figure said as it reached up to take hold of the hood. The figure turned are and pulled the hood down at the same time.

"Holy Durin," Fili called.

"But you're supposed to be 77 years dead!" Bofur yelled just about having a heart attack.

"Amanda," Thorin muttered in complete shock

___________________________________________________

And that's a wrapped people! The Half Breed Ranger is finally complete! After 6 years of working on this book, it's finally complete. 

Thank you all for your patience with the writing of this book! and I really hope you enjoyed it!