Chapter 10: Rivendell

Amanda slowly opened her eyes to be blinded by light. There was a sense of calm and relaxation that washed over Amanda as she blinked trying to focus her gaze.

" Amanda." A gentle voice spoke almost like a melody to her ears. It was so soft and quiet that for a second she thought she was dead.

" Amanda?" A voice sounded to her ears gently. The voice belong to one she knew well... Kili. Amanda hissed as a sharp pain shot from to points in her back.

" Does it hurt?" Kili asked her. All Amanda could do was muster the strength to nodded. She then felt a pair of lips on hers, a cool liquid rushed out from them and into her mouth. She drank the liquid and felt in instant relief from the pain. The lips pulled away from her leaving them cold and wanted more.

" That will help with the pain." Kili's voice said as he placed a hand on her forehead. Amanda smiled softly to him. Amanda's vision was now coming back to her. She could see his face looking worryingly down to her.

" You died... I lost you for a minute." Kili said as a tear fell from her eye and down his cheek. Amanda wearily reached up and wiped it away.

" I am here now. I am not going anywhere." She whispered with a raspy voice to him. Kili smiled and placed his large hand over hers. He chuckled and closed his eyes leaning down and placing his lips onto hers. The kiss was not greedy or needy. One that was happy and full of love. Kili pulled away and placed his forehead onto hers.

" Don't ever do that again." Kili whispered to her as he kissed her forehead.

" I won't." Amanda said as she smiled to him.

" Help me sit up." Amanda groaned as Kili placed a hand behind her back and helped her to sit. He moved to pillows to make sure they supported her as she rested backwards.

" Rivendell? So is Thorin alright with this?" Amanda asked looking around the room. The walls were white with beautiful archways. One archway was covered with light white curtain that you could just see through.

" He was not all too pleased but agreed because of your condition." Kili said with a nodded and Amanda chuckled.

" I am glad he did." She said just as the door opened and Fili walked in smiling.

" Your awake!" He smiled happily as he rushed over to her bed side. He took her hand in his hand smiled to her.

" I am so glad you are safe." Fili smiled to her as they others walked in as well. Everyone walked over to her bedside smiling asking if she was alright. Everyone but Thorin was now in the room.

" Your awake." His strong and low voice called from the door. The company stepped aside to allow him a clear path to Amanda.

" You gave us quite the scare." He said walked over to her bedside and crossing his arms over his chest.

" I believe I have you to thank for my life." Amanda smiled to him.

" Yes well, just focus on getting better." Thorin said as he reached down and took her hand into his. He smiled to her gently.

" We need you if we are to complete this quest." Thorin smiled before turning and walking out of the room. Amanda smiled to him as he left. The company followed him leaving her and Kili alone.

" That... Was unexpected from Thorin." Amanda smirked to Kili who chuckled and nodded.

" Thorin can be caring. I prefer him like that than his usual cold side." Kili said with a hint of sorrow. Amanda squeezed his hand and sighed.

" I wanna walk." Amanda said softly to him. Kili nodded and moved to help her off the bed. Amanda's feet hit the cold stone floor as she took in a breath and stood with Kili's help.

" Trust Rivendell elves to put me in a dress."Amanda snicker as the long white dress hung from her chest loosely to the floor. Her arms where bare as Kili held onto them as she leaned on him for support as she placed one foot in front of the other.

" Can we go to the garden, I need air." Amanda asked him. Kili looked reluctant at first but nodded and helped her walked through the house and down into the garden. The sun was setting lighting the gardens of Rivendell into a burst of glowing colours. Amanda walked over to a small pavilion that she would used to go to when she visited Rivendell.

" I come here when I visit Rivendell. It has the best view of the setting sun." Amanda smiled as she and Kili looked out over the sky. Kili smiled and wrapped his arms softly around her waist and held her back gently to his chest. Amanda smiled and placed her hands onto his.

" Amanda, I want to tell you something." Kili said gently turning her around. Amanda looked up to him with a curious look.

" From the moment I saw you, my world changed. It was no longer about me, my brother and my uncle or reclaiming Erebor. It was you. Amanda, I love you" Kili said to her holding her cheek gently.

" Kili..." Amanda said stunned for a moment before he placed his lips on her softly. Amanda kissed back immediately as Kili moved his hand to the back of her neck; pulling her closer to him to deepen the kiss. They pulled away as their need for air had grew to much to fight.

" Kili. I love you too." Amanda said kissing him again tangling her fingers into his long black hair. Kili kissed her back pulling her as close as he could to him. Kili nibbled her lower lips softly as Amanda moaned and opened her lips, allowing him to claim her mouth completely. After a while they pulled away only slightly leaving their forehead and noses touching as they held each other close.

" You are mine now. No one else's." Kili grumbled to her, Amanda smirked at his act of dominance over her. She pecked his lips once more before placing her head onto his chest and hugging him which he immediately returned.